Porsche to Launch Macan in India by June: Report
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 8:00 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Porsche is likely to launch its luxury SUV Macan in India by June 2014, suggests a new report.
Porsche India to launch baby Cayenne in June
A new report by ZigWheels claims that the Porsche's Macan will make its India entry in May or June this year. Porsche Macan, also known as the baby Cayenne, will be launched in India in two variants - Macan Turbo and Macan S Diesel. The Macan Turbo will be powered by the 3.6 liter, six cylinder turbo engine, which can churn out a power of 405 PS and 550 Nm of torque and will come mated to a Porsche 7 speed PDK unit. The model can accelerate 0 to 100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and can attain a top speed of 266 kmph.
On the other hand, the Macan S diesel will come with 3.0 litre, six cylinder mill, which can generate peak power of 262 PS and peak torque of 580 Nm. It comes with the same transmission and claims to reach a top speed of 230 kmph. The car will be brought to India via CBU route and is expected to be priced competitively in the domestic market. The car which has been good responses in the international market is likely to come with a price tag around ₹90 lakh.
When launched, Porsche Macan would become the smallest SUV on Indian roads and will take on the likes of Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Range Rover Evoque. The car will come fitted with safety features like Hill Descent Control, Porsche Active Suspension Management, Porsche Torque Vectoring plus, Wheels and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Porsche Stability Management and Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
Porsche has been selling luxury cars in India since 2004, delivering a total of 1,052 units to the customers in India, out of which 85 percent are Cayenne SUV models.
Image credit: porsche.com/middle-east
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015