Porsche to Launch Macan in India by June: Report
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 8:00 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Porsche is likely to launch its luxury SUV Macan in India by June 2014, suggests a new report.
Porsche India to launch baby Cayenne in June
A new report by ZigWheels claims that the Porsche's Macan will make its India entry in May or June this year. Porsche Macan, also known as the baby Cayenne, will be launched in India in two variants - Macan Turbo and Macan S Diesel. The Macan Turbo will be powered by the 3.6 liter, six cylinder turbo engine, which can churn out a power of 405 PS and 550 Nm of torque and will come mated to a Porsche 7 speed PDK unit. The model can accelerate 0 to 100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and can attain a top speed of 266 kmph.
On the other hand, the Macan S diesel will come with 3.0 litre, six cylinder mill, which can generate peak power of 262 PS and peak torque of 580 Nm. It comes with the same transmission and claims to reach a top speed of 230 kmph. The car will be brought to India via CBU route and is expected to be priced competitively in the domestic market. The car which has been good responses in the international market is likely to come with a price tag around ₹90 lakh.
When launched, Porsche Macan would become the smallest SUV on Indian roads and will take on the likes of Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Range Rover Evoque. The car will come fitted with safety features like Hill Descent Control, Porsche Active Suspension Management, Porsche Torque Vectoring plus, Wheels and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Porsche Stability Management and Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
Porsche has been selling luxury cars in India since 2004, delivering a total of 1,052 units to the customers in India, out of which 85 percent are Cayenne SUV models.
Image credit: porsche.com/middle-east
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists