Porsche to Launch Macan in India by June: Report
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 8:00 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Porsche is likely to launch its luxury SUV Macan in India by June 2014, suggests a new report.
Porsche India to launch baby Cayenne in June
A new report by ZigWheels claims that the Porsche's Macan will make its India entry in May or June this year. Porsche Macan, also known as the baby Cayenne, will be launched in India in two variants - Macan Turbo and Macan S Diesel. The Macan Turbo will be powered by the 3.6 liter, six cylinder turbo engine, which can churn out a power of 405 PS and 550 Nm of torque and will come mated to a Porsche 7 speed PDK unit. The model can accelerate 0 to 100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and can attain a top speed of 266 kmph.
On the other hand, the Macan S diesel will come with 3.0 litre, six cylinder mill, which can generate peak power of 262 PS and peak torque of 580 Nm. It comes with the same transmission and claims to reach a top speed of 230 kmph. The car will be brought to India via CBU route and is expected to be priced competitively in the domestic market. The car which has been good responses in the international market is likely to come with a price tag around ₹90 lakh.
When launched, Porsche Macan would become the smallest SUV on Indian roads and will take on the likes of Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Range Rover Evoque. The car will come fitted with safety features like Hill Descent Control, Porsche Active Suspension Management, Porsche Torque Vectoring plus, Wheels and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Porsche Stability Management and Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
Porsche has been selling luxury cars in India since 2004, delivering a total of 1,052 units to the customers in India, out of which 85 percent are Cayenne SUV models.
Image credit: porsche.com/middle-east
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date