Porsche to Launch Macan in India by June: Report
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 8:00 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Porsche is likely to launch its luxury SUV Macan in India by June 2014, suggests a new report.
Porsche India to launch baby Cayenne in June
A new report by ZigWheels claims that the Porsche's Macan will make its India entry in May or June this year. Porsche Macan, also known as the baby Cayenne, will be launched in India in two variants - Macan Turbo and Macan S Diesel. The Macan Turbo will be powered by the 3.6 liter, six cylinder turbo engine, which can churn out a power of 405 PS and 550 Nm of torque and will come mated to a Porsche 7 speed PDK unit. The model can accelerate 0 to 100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and can attain a top speed of 266 kmph.
On the other hand, the Macan S diesel will come with 3.0 litre, six cylinder mill, which can generate peak power of 262 PS and peak torque of 580 Nm. It comes with the same transmission and claims to reach a top speed of 230 kmph. The car will be brought to India via CBU route and is expected to be priced competitively in the domestic market. The car which has been good responses in the international market is likely to come with a price tag around ₹90 lakh.
When launched, Porsche Macan would become the smallest SUV on Indian roads and will take on the likes of Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Range Rover Evoque. The car will come fitted with safety features like Hill Descent Control, Porsche Active Suspension Management, Porsche Torque Vectoring plus, Wheels and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Porsche Stability Management and Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
Porsche has been selling luxury cars in India since 2004, delivering a total of 1,052 units to the customers in India, out of which 85 percent are Cayenne SUV models.
Image credit: porsche.com/middle-east
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports