Jennette McCurdy Roped in as First Tamagotchi Brand Ambassador Post 'Sam & Cat' Controversy
By Sonam Malik | April 16, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Jennette McCurdy has become the very first Tamagotchi brand ambassador. Tamagotchi is a brand of handheld digital pets that would fit in your pockets. The brand is spread worldwide and people all over the world are obsessed with their little virtual pets.
McCurdy is one of the early Tamagotchi pet adopters and has now become the very first face of the brand. It is interesting to know that the virtual pets now have a known face to represent them and McCurdy has huge connect with kids, thanks to her Nickelodean show "Sam& Cat" (now on Hiatus).
In an exclusive brand promotional video McCurdy reminisces her times when she started buying the Tamagotchi toys:
"Tamagotchis, were, for people around my age, were really, really big in pop culture," the "Sam & Cat" star said adding: "And everybody had one. All your friends love them. If you didn't have one, you weren't living."
Regarding the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e clothes, which she is seen wearing in the video she says: "They're fun and flirty and they're easy to wear, and comfortable. Every girl likes wearing a cute little outfit!"
, "I think it's super smart that Tamagotchi has their life lifestyle brand because it's a really cool way to throw back to the nostalgia of Tamagotchis and give everybody an opportunity to relive the fun of Tamagotchi and childhood and everything that Tamagotchi stands for. It's a great way to say that this is a part of me," she added.
Moreover, the brand will also give McCurdy a great boost in image transformation, especially when it was marred by naked selfie leaks. Last month McCurdy stirred controversy, when her racy photos in lingerie went viral on web. Reportedly, the controversy also cost her the role in popular Nickelodeon show "Sam & Cat" which has gone on a hiatus post season 1 and has very dim chances of getting renewed for season 2.
Watch the video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around