Titanfall: Free Update Adds Nameable Loadouts, Filters Challenge Search, ‘Nose Art’ Customizations; Expedition DLC Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | April 16, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Titanfall, the FPS video game with online multiplayer only mode from developer Respawn Entertainment, will be receiving free updates on aspects like nameable custom loadouts and filters search via Challenges.
Titanfall was released on 11 March 2014.
This revelation was made by Steve Fukuda, game director in a blog post detailing what can the Titanfall gaming community expect from future updates.
He explained that Titanfall will be receiving nameable loadouts and players will be able to make game mode specific custom loadouts. There will also be addition of filtering the searches via Challenges and scoreboard from the previous match in Last Game Summary.
The next update he said will be adding infrastructural features like the first wave of custom Private Match options, where players will be able to tweak the Private Match experience in a number of ways. He added that Respawn wants these features to be released as early as possible for feedback from players.
He has promised that players can expect tangible content like a new Burn Card set and Titan "Nose Art" Insignias which can be used to customize Titan's identity.
The blog has also teased about competition-oriented and competitive spirit features in the future updates, though no information was given out.
He also spoke on the game's fist update that he was designed to "tend the garden and keep the weeds out" with focus on "the current game, rather than adding new features." He also added that it was released with small tweaks and fixes for the game. He also added that they has brought in convenience features like Party Colors feature.
Titanfall's first DLC, Expedition will have three new maps - Swampland, Runoff and War Games and will be released in May. This DLC is a part of Season Pass and others can buy if for $9.99. Respawn confirmed free DLC with new Burn Cards and multiplayer mode during the recent PAX East panel in Boston. There have also been hints on the variations on the existing game modes may be on its way.
Titanfall was released on 11 March 2014 for Xbox One and PC. The Xbox 360 version of the game, though delayed was released in April.
Image credit: titanfall.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand