Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Honda has launched a special edition of its best selling family sedan Amaze in India as a part of the first anniversary celebration of the car in the country.
Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched; Price, Feature Details
The new anniversary edition of Amaze looks sporty in its style and packs minor tweaks on the interior as well as the exterior. The new edition is priced ₹71,861 higher than the Amaze's standard 'VX' and 'S' variants.
"Honda Amaze has been a game changer in its segment and has enabled HCIL to reach out to so many new customers, bringing them into the Honda fold. We are delighted to introduce the new 'Anniversary edition' amongst customers to celebrate its success. It is Honda's constant endeavour to provide freshness to our products and create excitement in the market. We are confident that the differentiated and youthful look of the car will have greater appeal to our customers," said Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd in a press release.
As far as the exterior is concerned, the anniversary edition of Amaze comes with sporty features like front under-spoiler, side under-spoiler, rear under-spoiler, trunk-spoiler, door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. The car also receives anniversary edition emblem. The interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Amaze's petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine and gives a fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl. The diesel variant, developed specifically for the Indian market, comes with a 1.5 i-DTEC engine. This model claims to give a mileage of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
The S and VX Petrol variants of Amaze are priced at ₹5.69 lakh and ₹6.64 lakh respectively, whereas, the diesel S and VX of Amaze come with a price tag of ₹6.65 lakh and ₹7.49 lakh respectively (all prices-ex showrooms Delhi).
Honda has sold over 80,000 units of the Amaze so far in the country since its launch in last April.
Photo credit: hondacarindia/ Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia