Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Honda has launched a special edition of its best selling family sedan Amaze in India as a part of the first anniversary celebration of the car in the country.
Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched; Price, Feature Details
The new anniversary edition of Amaze looks sporty in its style and packs minor tweaks on the interior as well as the exterior. The new edition is priced ₹71,861 higher than the Amaze's standard 'VX' and 'S' variants.
"Honda Amaze has been a game changer in its segment and has enabled HCIL to reach out to so many new customers, bringing them into the Honda fold. We are delighted to introduce the new 'Anniversary edition' amongst customers to celebrate its success. It is Honda's constant endeavour to provide freshness to our products and create excitement in the market. We are confident that the differentiated and youthful look of the car will have greater appeal to our customers," said Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd in a press release.
As far as the exterior is concerned, the anniversary edition of Amaze comes with sporty features like front under-spoiler, side under-spoiler, rear under-spoiler, trunk-spoiler, door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. The car also receives anniversary edition emblem. The interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Amaze's petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine and gives a fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl. The diesel variant, developed specifically for the Indian market, comes with a 1.5 i-DTEC engine. This model claims to give a mileage of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
The S and VX Petrol variants of Amaze are priced at ₹5.69 lakh and ₹6.64 lakh respectively, whereas, the diesel S and VX of Amaze come with a price tag of ₹6.65 lakh and ₹7.49 lakh respectively (all prices-ex showrooms Delhi).
Honda has sold over 80,000 units of the Amaze so far in the country since its launch in last April.
Photo credit: hondacarindia/ Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best