Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Honda has launched a special edition of its best selling family sedan Amaze in India as a part of the first anniversary celebration of the car in the country.
Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched; Price, Feature Details
The new anniversary edition of Amaze looks sporty in its style and packs minor tweaks on the interior as well as the exterior. The new edition is priced ₹71,861 higher than the Amaze's standard 'VX' and 'S' variants.
"Honda Amaze has been a game changer in its segment and has enabled HCIL to reach out to so many new customers, bringing them into the Honda fold. We are delighted to introduce the new 'Anniversary edition' amongst customers to celebrate its success. It is Honda's constant endeavour to provide freshness to our products and create excitement in the market. We are confident that the differentiated and youthful look of the car will have greater appeal to our customers," said Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd in a press release.
As far as the exterior is concerned, the anniversary edition of Amaze comes with sporty features like front under-spoiler, side under-spoiler, rear under-spoiler, trunk-spoiler, door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. The car also receives anniversary edition emblem. The interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Amaze's petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine and gives a fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl. The diesel variant, developed specifically for the Indian market, comes with a 1.5 i-DTEC engine. This model claims to give a mileage of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
The S and VX Petrol variants of Amaze are priced at ₹5.69 lakh and ₹6.64 lakh respectively, whereas, the diesel S and VX of Amaze come with a price tag of ₹6.65 lakh and ₹7.49 lakh respectively (all prices-ex showrooms Delhi).
Honda has sold over 80,000 units of the Amaze so far in the country since its launch in last April.
Photo credit: hondacarindia/ Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales