Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Honda has launched a special edition of its best selling family sedan Amaze in India as a part of the first anniversary celebration of the car in the country.
Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched; Price, Feature Details
The new anniversary edition of Amaze looks sporty in its style and packs minor tweaks on the interior as well as the exterior. The new edition is priced ₹71,861 higher than the Amaze's standard 'VX' and 'S' variants.
"Honda Amaze has been a game changer in its segment and has enabled HCIL to reach out to so many new customers, bringing them into the Honda fold. We are delighted to introduce the new 'Anniversary edition' amongst customers to celebrate its success. It is Honda's constant endeavour to provide freshness to our products and create excitement in the market. We are confident that the differentiated and youthful look of the car will have greater appeal to our customers," said Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd in a press release.
As far as the exterior is concerned, the anniversary edition of Amaze comes with sporty features like front under-spoiler, side under-spoiler, rear under-spoiler, trunk-spoiler, door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. The car also receives anniversary edition emblem. The interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Amaze's petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine and gives a fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl. The diesel variant, developed specifically for the Indian market, comes with a 1.5 i-DTEC engine. This model claims to give a mileage of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
The S and VX Petrol variants of Amaze are priced at ₹5.69 lakh and ₹6.64 lakh respectively, whereas, the diesel S and VX of Amaze come with a price tag of ₹6.65 lakh and ₹7.49 lakh respectively (all prices-ex showrooms Delhi).
Honda has sold over 80,000 units of the Amaze so far in the country since its launch in last April.
Photo credit: hondacarindia/ Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers