Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 16, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Honda has launched a special edition of its best selling family sedan Amaze in India as a part of the first anniversary celebration of the car in the country.
Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched; Price, Feature Details
The new anniversary edition of Amaze looks sporty in its style and packs minor tweaks on the interior as well as the exterior. The new edition is priced ₹71,861 higher than the Amaze's standard 'VX' and 'S' variants.
"Honda Amaze has been a game changer in its segment and has enabled HCIL to reach out to so many new customers, bringing them into the Honda fold. We are delighted to introduce the new 'Anniversary edition' amongst customers to celebrate its success. It is Honda's constant endeavour to provide freshness to our products and create excitement in the market. We are confident that the differentiated and youthful look of the car will have greater appeal to our customers," said Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd in a press release.
As far as the exterior is concerned, the anniversary edition of Amaze comes with sporty features like front under-spoiler, side under-spoiler, rear under-spoiler, trunk-spoiler, door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. The car also receives anniversary edition emblem. The interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Amaze's petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine and gives a fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl. The diesel variant, developed specifically for the Indian market, comes with a 1.5 i-DTEC engine. This model claims to give a mileage of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
The S and VX Petrol variants of Amaze are priced at ₹5.69 lakh and ₹6.64 lakh respectively, whereas, the diesel S and VX of Amaze come with a price tag of ₹6.65 lakh and ₹7.49 lakh respectively (all prices-ex showrooms Delhi).
Honda has sold over 80,000 units of the Amaze so far in the country since its launch in last April.
Photo credit: hondacarindia/ Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports