Kollywood: Vijay's 'Kaththi' First Look in May? 'Vai Raja Vai' Teaser Release, Other News
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 16, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Check out some of the interesting entertainment news from Kollywood (Tamil film industry)
"Kaththi" First Look in May? [Also Read: "Jilla" Set to Complete 100 Days]
Screenshot from YouTube
Vijay (Screenshot from official tralier of "Thalaivaa" on YouTube)
The first look poster of Vijay-Murugadoss's "Kaththi" is expected to be released in May.
"Kaththi" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film's first look was expected to be out on Tamil New Year Day (14 April), but it did not happen. Now, it is being said that the first look will be released in May.
"Kaththi," touted to be an action entertainer, will have Vijay appearing in dual roles. Samantha plays the female lead, whereas bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will be the antagonist in the film.
Anirudh will be composing the songs for the film and is produced by Ayangaran and Lyca Productions. The shooting of "Kaththi" is progressing at a brisk pace and it will be wrapped up in August.
The film is slated to hit the screens for Diwali, this year.
"Vai Raja Vai" Teaser Release on 18 April
The teaser of Gautham Karthik-Priya Anand's "Vai Raja Vai" will be released on Friday (18 April)
The news has been confirmed by the film's director Aishwarya Dhanush. "Looking forward to April 18th :) first look teaser of #VaiRajaVai coming up..finger crossed n excited !," Aishwarya tweeted.
"Vai Raja Vai" is the second outing for Aishwarya after the 2012-release "3."
The film, touted to be a romantic comedy entertainer, is produced by AGS Entertainment. It has vivek, Sathish, Gayathri Raguram and Vasanth in supporting roles.
Rajinikanth-Sonakshi Sinha's Film to Commence in May
Superstar Rajinikanth is all set to kick off his next project with director KS Ravikumar. The film will be going on floors in May and Sonakshi Sinha will play the female lead in the film.
Sonakshi herself has confirmed the news. In an interview to a Hindi television channel, the bollywood beauty said, "We are starting in May and I am scrambling and adjusting all my dates for this film. I am very excited. There have been various rumours about my appearance in item numbers for some Tamil and Telugu films. All those are untrue and now I am very happy that my debut is with Thalaivaa," reported Behindwoods.
Anushka Shetty is also said to be a part of this project, which is touted to be a commercial entertainer. An official announcement on the project, cast and crew details are still awaited.
Vijay to Star in "Enga Veettu Pillai" Remake?
Vijay, who is currently busy with "Kaththi," is already being associated with several other projects. It is well-known that the actor will be starting Chimbu Devan's project after completing "Kaththi." Besides this film, there have been speculations about Vijay hearing scripts from other directors including Atlee and Samuthirakani.
Now, latest buzz is that director Selva Bharathi, who has done hit films like "Priyamanavaley" and "Ninaithen Vandhai" with Vijay in the lead role, is planning to remake the classic hit film "Enga Veetu Pillai," starring legendary actor MGR. Rumours are rife that the director is planning to rope in Ilayathalapathy (Vijay is fondly referred by this name) for the role. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
Arya-Vishnu Vardhan Film Set to Commence on 18 April
After the stupendous success of Ajith's "Arrambam," director Vishnu Vardhan is back with his next project. The film titled "Yatchan" will have Arya and Vishnu's brother Kreshna in lead roles.
It will be produced by Vishnu and UTV Motion Pictures. "Arrambam" technical crew including writers Subha, editor Sreekar Prasad, cinematographer Om Prakash, art director Ilayaraja and designer Anu Vardhan will be retained for "Yatchan."
The film was launched with a pooja on 14 April and the first schedule is all set to commence on 18 April.
Details about the film's female lead and other cast members are yet to be announced.
Shruti Haasan Sings in Dhanush-Balki Film
Shruti Haasan has rendered a song in Dhanush's second Hindi film post the critically-acclaimed "Raanjhanaa."
The untitled project, directed by Balki of "Paa" fame, will have music composed by maestro Ilayaraja. Shruti's younger sister Akshara is all set to make her debut through this film, which also has Amitabh Bachchan in a pivotal role. "Shruti flew down to Chennai recently for a day to record this song at Raaja sir's studio. However, details regarding this number, whether it's a solo or a duet, or if she's lending her voice for Akshara's character, are being kept under wraps for the time being," a source told Times of India.
The film's shooting has already commenced and Bachchan is all set to join the team in the coming week.
Photo credit: YouTube Screenshot
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’