Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom: Camera Phone Variant to be Announced as 'Galaxy K' at the 'Kapture the Moment' Event on April 29
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 16, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The South Korean technology giant Samsung is set to announce a new camera-centric smartphone in addition to their lineup of devices after asking the device enthusiasts to mark the April 29 date on their calendars through a teaser invitation on Twitter. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom is expected to make an official appearance on the upcoming Tuesday event at the Red Dot Design Museum in Singapore.
The invitation that Samsung Mobile posted on their official Twitter account @SamsungMobile did not reveal further details on the new device. However, speculations were quick to suggest that what will be announced at the event is the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom camera-variant flagship.
Kapture the moment. April 29. Mark your calendars! pic.twitter.com/M0XFhsbyar
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) April 14, 2014
Samsung's the teaser invitation shows the letter 'K' printed in bold and large fonts which hitned that the company will be announcing the reported Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom or the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom camera phone.
According to the NDTV Gadgets report, the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom's camera will boast with the 20MP sensor, 10x optical zoom lens, 16MP sensor and a Xenon flash. Additional camera features expected to be incorporated in the upcoming device are the physical camera shutter button and a throttle that controls the zoom that will make capturing images easier.
The other expected Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom features and specs in the Android and Me report include the 4.8-inch Super AMOLED 720p screen display running on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, a hexa-core Exynos processor where two are 1.5GHz Cortex-A15 cores and four are 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 2GB of RAM and a 2MP front-facing camera.
Lastly, a Samsung mobile device with the model number SM-C115, alleged to be the K Zoom or the Galaxy K camera smartphone, passed through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) listing where it has been confirmed that the new device will have support for the 4G LTE connectivity and NFC. Aside from the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom or Galaxy K Zoom, the company is expected to announce more devices that would be based on the latest flagship such as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid