Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom: Camera Phone Variant to be Announced as 'Galaxy K' at the 'Kapture the Moment' Event on April 29
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 16, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The South Korean technology giant Samsung is set to announce a new camera-centric smartphone in addition to their lineup of devices after asking the device enthusiasts to mark the April 29 date on their calendars through a teaser invitation on Twitter. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom is expected to make an official appearance on the upcoming Tuesday event at the Red Dot Design Museum in Singapore.
The invitation that Samsung Mobile posted on their official Twitter account @SamsungMobile did not reveal further details on the new device. However, speculations were quick to suggest that what will be announced at the event is the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom camera-variant flagship.
Kapture the moment. April 29. Mark your calendars! pic.twitter.com/M0XFhsbyar
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) April 14, 2014
Samsung's the teaser invitation shows the letter 'K' printed in bold and large fonts which hitned that the company will be announcing the reported Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom or the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom camera phone.
According to the NDTV Gadgets report, the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom's camera will boast with the 20MP sensor, 10x optical zoom lens, 16MP sensor and a Xenon flash. Additional camera features expected to be incorporated in the upcoming device are the physical camera shutter button and a throttle that controls the zoom that will make capturing images easier.
The other expected Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom features and specs in the Android and Me report include the 4.8-inch Super AMOLED 720p screen display running on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, a hexa-core Exynos processor where two are 1.5GHz Cortex-A15 cores and four are 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 2GB of RAM and a 2MP front-facing camera.
Lastly, a Samsung mobile device with the model number SM-C115, alleged to be the K Zoom or the Galaxy K camera smartphone, passed through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) listing where it has been confirmed that the new device will have support for the 4G LTE connectivity and NFC. Aside from the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom or Galaxy K Zoom, the company is expected to announce more devices that would be based on the latest flagship such as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares