The Most Important Components in Building a Résumé: Attract Employers and Get Hired!
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 16, 2014 4:14 PM EST
Listing the right information on a résumé is sometimes what makes or breaks the job application. Having an attractive, carefully-made, and truthful résumé will be a stand-out in the job market nowadays.
In almost any job industry, employees are taught that the most important trait to begin with is selling oneself. When he knows how to "advertise" himself well, representing a company's brand or name comes next, therefore performing efficiently in the job. It is the same with creating the perfect résumé. Highlighting important information like, previous related work experience, qualifications and skills, career accomplishments, and education will garner positive feedback from employers and recruiters.
Many sources over the web help applicants in their résumés to land their desired jobs. Listed here are important points to highlight in writing the best résumé.
Previous job experiences
Information about the applicant's job recent job matters to employers. Human resource management will gauge from there if any of the experience, skills, and knowledge learned from previous jobs are useful for the applied job post. Highlighting particular information on work history should be considered and must be fitting. Job experiences that are irrelevant for the targeted industry can be removed, so only the most important ones are noticed right away.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Skills
Qualifications are one of the things employers need to know about an applicant. Meeting most of these set criteria assures them that a person is well-suited for the job. Without qualifications or standards to follow in the hiring process, the search for the "perfect" employee will be a long haul. For the applicants, the qualifications for the desired job should match with what employers are looking for.
Listing abilities will also tell employers if the applicant will be more than able to do the job. Implying the "can do" attitude in abilities is a plus as well, as employers would love to have an always-ready worker in their company. Also focusing on skills relating to the job will help as employers may start to imagine putting the applicant's skills in the actual job position.
Accomplishments, Special Recognition, and Achievements
Give out all the details about accomplishments in a very humble manner. Showing employers that an applicant has achieved a lot in the past means an outstanding performance at work is to be expected. History of remarkable moments and rewarded actions in the previous job impresses employers. Adding these in a résumé will give a high chance of call-back opportunities for any job seeker.
Background, Education, and Contact Information
Information about the applicants' background, education, and contacts are not to be left out. They are important for the employers, so to be used for verification purposes. Without the personal information truthfully listed, the résumé will come off as suspicious. Recruiters will automatically reject or pass on applications where the applicant's identity is not correctly stated.
As hiring experts say, there is not one absolute way in presenting a perfect résumé. But if applicants will take note of these important points and apply them in their CVs, attracting employers will be an easy stage to go through. Then getting hired for any desired job may happen sooner than expected.
Click here for more related posts
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies