Oscar Pistorius Trial: Hypocritical Weeping in Court to Get Away With Murder
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 16, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Prosecutor Gerrie Nel accused Oscar Pistorius of hypocritical weeping every time he was being questioned over the state of affairs involved in the killing of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Is Pistorius really prepared to act in totally false emotional state displaying insincere emotions to manipulate others and get away with his murder case?
Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius reacts during his trial at North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria April 15, 2014. The prosecutor in the murder trial of Pistorius ended his five-day cross-examination of the double amputee track star on Tuesday with a stark summary of how he shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, insisting he killed her deliberately after an argument. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko
Mr Nel said that Pistorius was making things up to conceal what had really transpired on the day that he murdered Steenkamp, Sky News reported. He said that the South African sprint runner was being emotional and tearful when discrepancies on his murder case were being pointed out. Mr Nel alleged that Pistorius pointed his gun and changed aim to make sure that Steenkamp was hit. He throwed down the gauntlet and asked Pistorius to further explain the inconsistences in his version of story. "Your version is so improbably that it cannot possible be true," said Mr Nel during the inexorable cross-examination which was being aired all throughout the globe and followed by millions of people.
Mr Nel further alleged that Pistorius killed Steenkamp intentionally, saying that the two of them first fought. He said that Pistorius was lying when he said that he feared Steenkamp was an intruder. "You know what you are doing, you fired at Reeva. You fired at her."
"It's not true, my lady," replied a weeping Pistorius.
"Why are you getting emotional," asked Mr Nel.
Pistorius broke down a number of times because of Mr Nel's inquisitive harsh questioning. It certainly has put Pistorius under extreme pressure. He said that Pistorius became upset because he got all his defences in disarray. "I'm going to argue that you got emotional because you got your defences mixed up." Pistorius still passionately denied that he killed Steenkamp on purpose.
Pistorius admitted fatally shooting his 29-year-old girlfriend resulting in her death at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day in 2013. He was granted bail on Feb 22, 2013. His murder trial began on March 3, 2014. Pistorius and Steenkamp have been dating for one and a half years before she was killed.
Click here to watch full video of Pistorius' latest trial.
MORE SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
Tom Brady's Supermodel Wife and World's Richest Supermodel Gisele Bundchen Survives an IRS Audit Iggy Azalea Makes a Great GF as She Juggles Hectic Career Schedule to Show Support for BF Lakers' Star Nick Young
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Satanic Sex Cult Has 1800 Men Having Sex With A Teen
- Mafia-Style Family Emerged in Thailand
- Mass Rapes In Iraq & Syria As Islamic State Seeks To Populate Caliphate; Male Muslim Recruits Also Sodomised
- Expect More Beheadings As Islamic State Urges Jihadists To Kill By Any Means Possible Australians & Other Citizens Of Nations Who Enter Into Coalition Against IS
- 5 Famous People Who've Spent Time In Jail
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed