Oscar Pistorius Trial: Hypocritical Weeping in Court to Get Away With Murder
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 16, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Prosecutor Gerrie Nel accused Oscar Pistorius of hypocritical weeping every time he was being questioned over the state of affairs involved in the killing of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Is Pistorius really prepared to act in totally false emotional state displaying insincere emotions to manipulate others and get away with his murder case?
Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius reacts during his trial at North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria April 15, 2014. The prosecutor in the murder trial of Pistorius ended his five-day cross-examination of the double amputee track star on Tuesday with a stark summary of how he shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, insisting he killed her deliberately after an argument. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko
Mr Nel said that Pistorius was making things up to conceal what had really transpired on the day that he murdered Steenkamp, Sky News reported. He said that the South African sprint runner was being emotional and tearful when discrepancies on his murder case were being pointed out. Mr Nel alleged that Pistorius pointed his gun and changed aim to make sure that Steenkamp was hit. He throwed down the gauntlet and asked Pistorius to further explain the inconsistences in his version of story. "Your version is so improbably that it cannot possible be true," said Mr Nel during the inexorable cross-examination which was being aired all throughout the globe and followed by millions of people.
Mr Nel further alleged that Pistorius killed Steenkamp intentionally, saying that the two of them first fought. He said that Pistorius was lying when he said that he feared Steenkamp was an intruder. "You know what you are doing, you fired at Reeva. You fired at her."
"It's not true, my lady," replied a weeping Pistorius.
"Why are you getting emotional," asked Mr Nel.
Pistorius broke down a number of times because of Mr Nel's inquisitive harsh questioning. It certainly has put Pistorius under extreme pressure. He said that Pistorius became upset because he got all his defences in disarray. "I'm going to argue that you got emotional because you got your defences mixed up." Pistorius still passionately denied that he killed Steenkamp on purpose.
Pistorius admitted fatally shooting his 29-year-old girlfriend resulting in her death at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day in 2013. He was granted bail on Feb 22, 2013. His murder trial began on March 3, 2014. Pistorius and Steenkamp have been dating for one and a half years before she was killed.
Click here to watch full video of Pistorius' latest trial.
MORE SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
Tom Brady's Supermodel Wife and World's Richest Supermodel Gisele Bundchen Survives an IRS Audit Iggy Azalea Makes a Great GF as She Juggles Hectic Career Schedule to Show Support for BF Lakers' Star Nick Young
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Indonesia Uses Russian-Built Fighter Jets In Chasing For Australian Plane
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China