'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 16, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The Batman and Superman fans are looking forward to the costume reveal of their favorite superheroes in the upcoming "Man of Steel 2" film. In addition, the latest reports surrounding the superhero movie sequel claim composer Hans Zimmer will be working on the musical score of the Batman-Superman film.
According to the HNGN report, fans can get a glimpse of actor Ben Affleck's Batsuit this April after production kicked off last Friday, April 11. However, Forbes film blogger Mark Hughes posted on his Twitter account @markhughesfilms that the costume reveal could take place in May 2014.
@JustinShanlian I think April is when we're likely to see the suits. May is possible, though.
— Mark Hughes (@markhughesfilms) April 8, 2014
As for the "Man of Steel 2"musical score, the exclusive Digital Spy report revealed that film director Zack Snyder wants composer Hans Zimmer to work on the upcoming film's musical theme. The "12 Years a Slave" composer, whose work credits include the "Dark Knight" trilogy and "Man of Steel" musical score, confirmed that Mr Snyder asked him to come back and be a part of the "Man of Steel" film follow-up.
Hans Zimmer further confirmed that he will start working on the "Man of Steel 2" score once his work on director Christopher Nolan's sci-fi film "Interstellar" wraps up. "We've already had a couple of chats, and once I finish the movie that I shall not talk about I will probably head over to where Zack is shooting his movie and just hang out a bit and see if we can come up with any ideas," Mr Zimmer stated.
However, Hans Zimmer opened up about having a dilemma coming up with a new musical theme for the "Man of Steel 2" with actor Ben Affleck as Batman without betraying the "Dark Knight" movies with actor Christian Bale as the black-caped superhero. "It's not just that it was nine years of our lives, so you want to stay honest and honourable to that period. So it's really about, 'Is there something else I can find that I haven't tapped into?' Which I don't know until I sit down with Zack," the music composer explained in the Digital Spy report.
The "Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill reprising the role of Superman, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as the villain Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons and Holly Hunter. The movie sequel, also called as the "Batman vs. Superman" film, is scheduled to be released in cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Actress Holly Hunter to Portray Leslie Thompkins? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Three More Actors Join the Cast Members of Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report