Mithcell Johnson Considering to Quit One Cricket Format
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 16, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Australia's pace-man Mitchell Johnson would like to concentrate on his Test career by quitting from at least one format of international cricket.
Johnson also made a formidable comeback in Test cricket during Ashes, when the Aussies nailed England by 5 - 0 in the series.
Johnson, however, suffered from toe infection after the end of the South Africa series, further leading to his unavailability in the T20 World Cup held at Bangladesh.
When asked if he would be comfortable with all the format of International Cricket, he replied, "Probably not."
"I think I've got to be a lot smarter now ... Twenty20 cricket you don't play a lot of anyway, it just happened at this time there was a World Cup straight after the South Africa series which I was looking forward to being involved in before I got injured ... Twenty20, I will quite happily say, is not my favourite format - I would rather play Test cricket ... And maybe one day (international) cricket I have to look at as well," read parts of Johnson's statement on Australia Cricket's Web site.
Though Johnson is trying to move away from the smaller format, he is rather keen to be a part of World Cup squad, as Australia will host the 2015 ICC World Cup.
Johnson was also a member of the 2007 World Cup squad at West Indies, but he remains in the stand without playing any match.
"I'd like to win a World Cup - I've been involved in the West Indies in 2007 which was a well-paid holiday apparently ... so I would love to be a part of Australia's 2015 World Cup and I certainly think we've got the team to win it ... We've played some really good one-day cricket and given that it's being played at home, it would be a great opportunity ... But my main goal now is to get to that 2015 Ashes series in England, so I'll be doing everything I can to reach that goal," Johnson added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop