Mithcell Johnson Considering to Quit One Cricket Format
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 16, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Australia's pace-man Mitchell Johnson would like to concentrate on his Test career by quitting from at least one format of international cricket.
Johnson also made a formidable comeback in Test cricket during Ashes, when the Aussies nailed England by 5 - 0 in the series.
Johnson, however, suffered from toe infection after the end of the South Africa series, further leading to his unavailability in the T20 World Cup held at Bangladesh.
When asked if he would be comfortable with all the format of International Cricket, he replied, "Probably not."
"I think I've got to be a lot smarter now ... Twenty20 cricket you don't play a lot of anyway, it just happened at this time there was a World Cup straight after the South Africa series which I was looking forward to being involved in before I got injured ... Twenty20, I will quite happily say, is not my favourite format - I would rather play Test cricket ... And maybe one day (international) cricket I have to look at as well," read parts of Johnson's statement on Australia Cricket's Web site.
Though Johnson is trying to move away from the smaller format, he is rather keen to be a part of World Cup squad, as Australia will host the 2015 ICC World Cup.
Johnson was also a member of the 2007 World Cup squad at West Indies, but he remains in the stand without playing any match.
"I'd like to win a World Cup - I've been involved in the West Indies in 2007 which was a well-paid holiday apparently ... so I would love to be a part of Australia's 2015 World Cup and I certainly think we've got the team to win it ... We've played some really good one-day cricket and given that it's being played at home, it would be a great opportunity ... But my main goal now is to get to that 2015 Ashes series in England, so I'll be doing everything I can to reach that goal," Johnson added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation