Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
By Ankita Mehta | April 16, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Aamir Khan is all set to release his upcoming film "P.K" (Peekay) during the Christmas season, which is considered to be very lucky for the actor.
Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Hit Screens on 19 December; Will it be a Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
The makers of the film on Tuesday confirmed that "P.K" would hit screens on 19 December this year, a week before the festival.
"Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, confirm that P.K. shall release on Dec 19, 2014," said a statement.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) January 20, 2014
Christmas has proved to be a lucky period for Khan and his previous releases during the festive season has created several records.
[Check out the list of top films which is expected to dominate screens in 2014 here]
Action-thriller "Dhoom 3" starring Khan in the lead role was also released on 19 December last year and it went on to become the highest grossing film ever in the history of Indian cinema. The film didn't create 300 crore club in India as expected, but it managed to rake in a whopping ₹285 crore nett.
In 2008, "Ghajini" starring Asin and Khan in the lead role was released just a day before Christmas. The action psychological thriller was the biggest hit of that year and became the first Bollywood film to cross the 100 crore mark.
In 2009, "3 Idiots" was released on 25 December, (Friday) which created 200 crore mark at domestic box office. The film became the highest grosser ever with double century mark and it remained on top until the release of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Apart from Khan, "P.K" also features Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially scheduled to release in June, but the makers the postponed it to the end of the year.
The shift in the release date of "P.K" has now annoyed Anurag Kashyap whose directorial film "Bombay Velvet" is also scheduled for same date. [Read the full report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier