Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
By Ankita Mehta | April 16, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Aamir Khan is all set to release his upcoming film "P.K" (Peekay) during the Christmas season, which is considered to be very lucky for the actor.
Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Hit Screens on 19 December; Will it be a Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
The makers of the film on Tuesday confirmed that "P.K" would hit screens on 19 December this year, a week before the festival.
"Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, confirm that P.K. shall release on Dec 19, 2014," said a statement.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) January 20, 2014
Christmas has proved to be a lucky period for Khan and his previous releases during the festive season has created several records.
[Check out the list of top films which is expected to dominate screens in 2014 here]
Action-thriller "Dhoom 3" starring Khan in the lead role was also released on 19 December last year and it went on to become the highest grossing film ever in the history of Indian cinema. The film didn't create 300 crore club in India as expected, but it managed to rake in a whopping ₹285 crore nett.
In 2008, "Ghajini" starring Asin and Khan in the lead role was released just a day before Christmas. The action psychological thriller was the biggest hit of that year and became the first Bollywood film to cross the 100 crore mark.
In 2009, "3 Idiots" was released on 25 December, (Friday) which created 200 crore mark at domestic box office. The film became the highest grosser ever with double century mark and it remained on top until the release of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Apart from Khan, "P.K" also features Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially scheduled to release in June, but the makers the postponed it to the end of the year.
The shift in the release date of "P.K" has now annoyed Anurag Kashyap whose directorial film "Bombay Velvet" is also scheduled for same date. [Read the full report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage