Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
By Ankita Mehta | April 16, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Aamir Khan is all set to release his upcoming film "P.K" (Peekay) during the Christmas season, which is considered to be very lucky for the actor.
Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Hit Screens on 19 December; Will it be a Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
The makers of the film on Tuesday confirmed that "P.K" would hit screens on 19 December this year, a week before the festival.
"Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, confirm that P.K. shall release on Dec 19, 2014," said a statement.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) January 20, 2014
Christmas has proved to be a lucky period for Khan and his previous releases during the festive season has created several records.
[Check out the list of top films which is expected to dominate screens in 2014 here]
Action-thriller "Dhoom 3" starring Khan in the lead role was also released on 19 December last year and it went on to become the highest grossing film ever in the history of Indian cinema. The film didn't create 300 crore club in India as expected, but it managed to rake in a whopping ₹285 crore nett.
In 2008, "Ghajini" starring Asin and Khan in the lead role was released just a day before Christmas. The action psychological thriller was the biggest hit of that year and became the first Bollywood film to cross the 100 crore mark.
In 2009, "3 Idiots" was released on 25 December, (Friday) which created 200 crore mark at domestic box office. The film became the highest grosser ever with double century mark and it remained on top until the release of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Apart from Khan, "P.K" also features Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially scheduled to release in June, but the makers the postponed it to the end of the year.
The shift in the release date of "P.K" has now annoyed Anurag Kashyap whose directorial film "Bombay Velvet" is also scheduled for same date. [Read the full report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1