Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
By Ankita Mehta | April 16, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Aamir Khan is all set to release his upcoming film "P.K" (Peekay) during the Christmas season, which is considered to be very lucky for the actor.
Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Hit Screens on 19 December; Will it be a Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
The makers of the film on Tuesday confirmed that "P.K" would hit screens on 19 December this year, a week before the festival.
"Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, confirm that P.K. shall release on Dec 19, 2014," said a statement.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) January 20, 2014
Christmas has proved to be a lucky period for Khan and his previous releases during the festive season has created several records.
[Check out the list of top films which is expected to dominate screens in 2014 here]
Action-thriller "Dhoom 3" starring Khan in the lead role was also released on 19 December last year and it went on to become the highest grossing film ever in the history of Indian cinema. The film didn't create 300 crore club in India as expected, but it managed to rake in a whopping ₹285 crore nett.
In 2008, "Ghajini" starring Asin and Khan in the lead role was released just a day before Christmas. The action psychological thriller was the biggest hit of that year and became the first Bollywood film to cross the 100 crore mark.
In 2009, "3 Idiots" was released on 25 December, (Friday) which created 200 crore mark at domestic box office. The film became the highest grosser ever with double century mark and it remained on top until the release of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Apart from Khan, "P.K" also features Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially scheduled to release in June, but the makers the postponed it to the end of the year.
The shift in the release date of "P.K" has now annoyed Anurag Kashyap whose directorial film "Bombay Velvet" is also scheduled for same date. [Read the full report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight