Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
By Ankita Mehta | April 16, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Aamir Khan is all set to release his upcoming film "P.K" (Peekay) during the Christmas season, which is considered to be very lucky for the actor.
Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Hit Screens on 19 December; Will it be a Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
The makers of the film on Tuesday confirmed that "P.K" would hit screens on 19 December this year, a week before the festival.
"Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, confirm that P.K. shall release on Dec 19, 2014," said a statement.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) January 20, 2014
Christmas has proved to be a lucky period for Khan and his previous releases during the festive season has created several records.
[Check out the list of top films which is expected to dominate screens in 2014 here]
Action-thriller "Dhoom 3" starring Khan in the lead role was also released on 19 December last year and it went on to become the highest grossing film ever in the history of Indian cinema. The film didn't create 300 crore club in India as expected, but it managed to rake in a whopping ₹285 crore nett.
In 2008, "Ghajini" starring Asin and Khan in the lead role was released just a day before Christmas. The action psychological thriller was the biggest hit of that year and became the first Bollywood film to cross the 100 crore mark.
In 2009, "3 Idiots" was released on 25 December, (Friday) which created 200 crore mark at domestic box office. The film became the highest grosser ever with double century mark and it remained on top until the release of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Apart from Khan, "P.K" also features Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially scheduled to release in June, but the makers the postponed it to the end of the year.
The shift in the release date of "P.K" has now annoyed Anurag Kashyap whose directorial film "Bombay Velvet" is also scheduled for same date. [Read the full report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8