It's Confirmed: Harris Jayaraj, Arun Vijay to Work in Ajith Kumar-Gautham's 'Thala 55'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 16, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Here is some exciting news about Ajith-Gautham Menon's upcoming project "Thala 55" (tentatively titled). [One More Addition to "Thala 55"; Read HERE]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
It has now been officially confirmed that music director Harris Jayaraj will be composing songs for Ajth-Gautham film.
Harris had worked with Gautham in all his films starting from "Minnale" till the 2008-release "Varanayam Aayiram." The duo had come up with great albums that turned out to be big hits.
Nearly after six years, Harris and Gautham have reunited for "Thala 55," a big-budget entertainer produced by AM Ratnam.
Both Gautham and Harris have confirmed the news on their twitter handles. The duo has expressed happiness to join hands once again for a big project.
Harris will be composing six songs for the yet-to-be-titled film.
Six songs coming up. Harris jayaraj 'in the house' ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to announce that we are back together to make music.
Yes... Feel happy to join hands with my friend Gautham Menon and Mr.Ajith Kumar. Hope you guys and us have a blast. Praise The LORD.— Harris Jayaraj (@Jharrisjayaraj) April 15, 2014
"Thala 55", touted to be an action thriller, will reportedly have Ajith playing the role of a cop. Anushka Shetty is paired opposite "Thala" (Ajith is fondly referred by this name) for the first time.
Arun Vijay is also playing a pivotal role in the film and the actor himself has confirmed this news.
"Hi all..I apologise for this prolonged silence. YES! I AM ON BOARD!!," he tweeted.
"What more could I have asked for..working with both Gowtham Sir & AJITH Sir at the same time. Really happy to be a part of this super team!," he said.
Arun Vijay is reportedly playing the villain in the film. However, there is no official confirmation on the same. "The role I play in Gowtham sir's project will officially be announced by the director himself...," he added. .
After months of speculations, there has been some clarity about the cast and crew of "Thala 55."
Director: Gautham Vasudev Menon
Producer: AM Ratnam
Cast: Ajith, Anushka, Arun Vijay
Crew: Harris Jayaraj (Music), Dan Macarthur (Cinematographer), Shreedhar Raghavan (Writer) and Rajeevan (Art)
Details about the film's other cast and crew members are still awaited.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS