English Premier League: Arsenal vs West Ham Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Arsenal produced another come-from-behind victory against West Ham to keep their top-four hopes in the English Premier League alive.
The Gunners, winless in the last four matches, including a couple of morale-shaking losses, were staring down the barrel late in the first half, with Matt Jarvis' strike putting the Hammers 1-0 up at the Emirates.
The familiar groans were just growing into a crescendo, when the excellent Lukas Podolski struck a minute before halftime to level the scores going into the break.
Arsene Wenger must have given his players a word or two at halftime, as the Arsenal players came out much brighter in the second 45, with Olivier Giroud putting his side in front on 55 minutes, while also classily dedicating his goal to the Hillsborough victims.
"I heard everybody talking about it before and I didn't exactly know the story until a few days ago but I just wanted pay homage to them," Giroud told the club's official website.
"It's something which made me feel consoling and I wanted to dedicate my goal to the families involved."
Arsenal looked to kill the game off immediately with Podolski and Santi Cazorla coming close, while West Ham gamely pressed for the equaliser.
However, Wenger's decision to bring on Aaron Ramsey for Tomas Rosicky did the trick as the midfielder nodded down for Podolski to smash one with his patented left foot drives into the back of the net in the 78th minute to make the game safe.
The win takes Arsenal back to fourth, one point ahead of Everton, who can go back to the final Champions League place with a positive result over Crystal Palace on Wednesday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS