English Premier League: Arsenal vs West Ham Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Arsenal produced another come-from-behind victory against West Ham to keep their top-four hopes in the English Premier League alive.
The Gunners, winless in the last four matches, including a couple of morale-shaking losses, were staring down the barrel late in the first half, with Matt Jarvis' strike putting the Hammers 1-0 up at the Emirates.
The familiar groans were just growing into a crescendo, when the excellent Lukas Podolski struck a minute before halftime to level the scores going into the break.
Arsene Wenger must have given his players a word or two at halftime, as the Arsenal players came out much brighter in the second 45, with Olivier Giroud putting his side in front on 55 minutes, while also classily dedicating his goal to the Hillsborough victims.
"I heard everybody talking about it before and I didn't exactly know the story until a few days ago but I just wanted pay homage to them," Giroud told the club's official website.
"It's something which made me feel consoling and I wanted to dedicate my goal to the families involved."
Arsenal looked to kill the game off immediately with Podolski and Santi Cazorla coming close, while West Ham gamely pressed for the equaliser.
However, Wenger's decision to bring on Aaron Ramsey for Tomas Rosicky did the trick as the midfielder nodded down for Podolski to smash one with his patented left foot drives into the back of the net in the 78th minute to make the game safe.
The win takes Arsenal back to fourth, one point ahead of Everton, who can go back to the final Champions League place with a positive result over Crystal Palace on Wednesday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia