English Premier League: Arsenal vs West Ham Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Arsenal produced another come-from-behind victory against West Ham to keep their top-four hopes in the English Premier League alive.
The Gunners, winless in the last four matches, including a couple of morale-shaking losses, were staring down the barrel late in the first half, with Matt Jarvis' strike putting the Hammers 1-0 up at the Emirates.
The familiar groans were just growing into a crescendo, when the excellent Lukas Podolski struck a minute before halftime to level the scores going into the break.
Arsene Wenger must have given his players a word or two at halftime, as the Arsenal players came out much brighter in the second 45, with Olivier Giroud putting his side in front on 55 minutes, while also classily dedicating his goal to the Hillsborough victims.
"I heard everybody talking about it before and I didn't exactly know the story until a few days ago but I just wanted pay homage to them," Giroud told the club's official website.
"It's something which made me feel consoling and I wanted to dedicate my goal to the families involved."
Arsenal looked to kill the game off immediately with Podolski and Santi Cazorla coming close, while West Ham gamely pressed for the equaliser.
However, Wenger's decision to bring on Aaron Ramsey for Tomas Rosicky did the trick as the midfielder nodded down for Podolski to smash one with his patented left foot drives into the back of the net in the 78th minute to make the game safe.
The win takes Arsenal back to fourth, one point ahead of Everton, who can go back to the final Champions League place with a positive result over Crystal Palace on Wednesday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate