The Rolling Stones Announce New Australian, New Zealand Dates
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 1:39 PM EST
The Rolling Stones have confirmed the dates for their recently postponed “14 On Fire” Australian and New Zealand dates.
Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones performs during their 14 on Fire concert at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore in this March 15, 2014 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official. REUTERS/Tim Chong/Files
They were already in Perth two days before their show at the Perth Arena on March 19, but had to abruptly call it off after the devastating news reached them.
Not long after, the band also called off the rest of their Australian and New Zealand dates, promising to reschedule them later in the year.
On Tuesday, the band made good on their promise and announce the rescheduled dates. They have also added new shows in Australia: one more date in Perth and in Hunter Valley.
Tickets for the original shows remain valid. For fans who will be unable to attend the new dates, they may secure a refund from their original point of purchase before April 28.
Australian veteran rock group Hunters and Collectors have been announced to open the show in Auckland as well, while rock icon Jimmy Barnes is set to support the British band in their Adelaide show. More special guests are expected to be announced at a later time.
Here are the new dates for the “14 On Fire” tour:
• October 25, Adelaide Oval (previously March 22)
• October 29, Perth Arena (previously March 19)
• November 1, Perth Arena (new show)
• November 5, Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne (previously March 28)
• November 8, Hanging Rock in Macedon (previously March 30)
• November 12, Allphones Arena in Sydney (previously March 25)
• November 15, Hope Estate in Hunter Valley (new show)
• November 18, Entertainment Centre in Brisbane (previously April 2)
• November 22, Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland (previously April 5)
On Monday, the Rolling Stones have released a new video titled “Postcard From Asia,” which features scenes from their recent tour of the continent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft