The Rolling Stones Announce New Australian, New Zealand Dates
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 1:39 PM EST
The Rolling Stones have confirmed the dates for their recently postponed “14 On Fire” Australian and New Zealand dates.
Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones performs during their 14 on Fire concert at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore in this March 15, 2014 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official. REUTERS/Tim Chong/Files
They were already in Perth two days before their show at the Perth Arena on March 19, but had to abruptly call it off after the devastating news reached them.
Not long after, the band also called off the rest of their Australian and New Zealand dates, promising to reschedule them later in the year.
On Tuesday, the band made good on their promise and announce the rescheduled dates. They have also added new shows in Australia: one more date in Perth and in Hunter Valley.
Tickets for the original shows remain valid. For fans who will be unable to attend the new dates, they may secure a refund from their original point of purchase before April 28.
Australian veteran rock group Hunters and Collectors have been announced to open the show in Auckland as well, while rock icon Jimmy Barnes is set to support the British band in their Adelaide show. More special guests are expected to be announced at a later time.
Here are the new dates for the “14 On Fire” tour:
• October 25, Adelaide Oval (previously March 22)
• October 29, Perth Arena (previously March 19)
• November 1, Perth Arena (new show)
• November 5, Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne (previously March 28)
• November 8, Hanging Rock in Macedon (previously March 30)
• November 12, Allphones Arena in Sydney (previously March 25)
• November 15, Hope Estate in Hunter Valley (new show)
• November 18, Entertainment Centre in Brisbane (previously April 2)
• November 22, Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland (previously April 5)
On Monday, the Rolling Stones have released a new video titled “Postcard From Asia,” which features scenes from their recent tour of the continent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet