The Rolling Stones Announce New Australian, New Zealand Dates
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 1:39 PM EST
The Rolling Stones have confirmed the dates for their recently postponed “14 On Fire” Australian and New Zealand dates.
Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones performs during their 14 on Fire concert at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore in this March 15, 2014 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official. REUTERS/Tim Chong/Files
They were already in Perth two days before their show at the Perth Arena on March 19, but had to abruptly call it off after the devastating news reached them.
Not long after, the band also called off the rest of their Australian and New Zealand dates, promising to reschedule them later in the year.
On Tuesday, the band made good on their promise and announce the rescheduled dates. They have also added new shows in Australia: one more date in Perth and in Hunter Valley.
Tickets for the original shows remain valid. For fans who will be unable to attend the new dates, they may secure a refund from their original point of purchase before April 28.
Australian veteran rock group Hunters and Collectors have been announced to open the show in Auckland as well, while rock icon Jimmy Barnes is set to support the British band in their Adelaide show. More special guests are expected to be announced at a later time.
Here are the new dates for the “14 On Fire” tour:
• October 25, Adelaide Oval (previously March 22)
• October 29, Perth Arena (previously March 19)
• November 1, Perth Arena (new show)
• November 5, Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne (previously March 28)
• November 8, Hanging Rock in Macedon (previously March 30)
• November 12, Allphones Arena in Sydney (previously March 25)
• November 15, Hope Estate in Hunter Valley (new show)
• November 18, Entertainment Centre in Brisbane (previously April 2)
• November 22, Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland (previously April 5)
On Monday, the Rolling Stones have released a new video titled “Postcard From Asia,” which features scenes from their recent tour of the continent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet