Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS OTA Update Coming to Nexus Devices on April 21
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 16, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Over-the-Air update will be coming soon to Nexus devices, according to reports.
According to Android Police, consumers may get the new version of Kitkat OS as the firmware is already underway in Google. The software update will roll out soon. But this depends whether internal problems are found in the new version of the operating system.
Nexus devices were the first in line in receiving the latest Android update. The Nexus devices in question were the Nexus 7 (2012), the Nexus 7 (2013), the Nexus 4, 5 and 10. Google Play Edition devices will follow suit. Motorola's Moto X will also get the update soon.
Some of the issues that should be addressed are those with data connection, random reboots, USB debugging and other fine details. The report added the Android 4.4.3 OS update will roll out in mid-April. Android Police said the build KTU84F or Android 4.4.3 update will hit the devices on April 21. The roll out will be gradual among Android-based devices.
Meanwhile, the U.S. network Sprint silently slipped Android 4.4.3 update for its Nexus 5 handsets. According to BGR, Sprint quietly updated its support pages for Nexus 5. It was known the smartphone will be getting a new software update starting today. The carrier said Android build KTU48F for Nexus 5 will enable the Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41 and other Android updates that the carrier did not specify in its initial change log.
Android 4.4.3 is expected to bring a massive bug fix update. But users must not expect any cosmetic changes or any new features. Google might save new features and UI changes for the next major version of Android. Some of the bug fixes that the update will bring are frequent data connection dropout fix, camera focus fix, power manager display wakelock fix, multiple Bluetooth fixes, random reboot fix, USB debugging security fix, Wi-Fi auto-connect fix, stuck in activation screen fix, missed call LED fix and VPN fix.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe