Leaked LG Isai With Slim Screen Bezels Hints of Actual LG G3, Nexus 6 Builds on Release Date?
By Erik Pineda | April 16, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
The pic showed off an upcoming LG smartphone that has slim bezels surrounding its large screen and according to @evleaks, it will be the LG Isai that will soon debut in Japan, exclusively via the Japanese telco KDDI,
Yes not the LG G3 as duly qualified by the Twitter post from @evleaks but keen Android watchers are quick to jump to the conclusion that Isai points to one sure thing about the 2014 LG flagship - that it is closer to becoming a phablet-size device with a virtually all-screen front panel.
And if it turns out that the South Korea-based LG will win Google's favour in the Nexus 6 smartphone race, then vanilla Android fans are in for an exciting treat once the next Nexus hero phone is revealed.
As noted by BGR in a related report, the LG G2 is already remarkable in this respect by making the device's front panel dominated by a sprawling screen - over 75 per cent of glorious viewing and navigating room, in fact, with the four margins pushed far into the edges.
The likelihood that LG will build an LG G3 or Nexus 6 that is almost bezel-free is near 100 per cent, BGR said on its report, adding that "LG has become something of a pioneer in terms of making smartphones with tiny bezels."
This take will get its confirmation by June 2014, which is rumoured as the rollout schedule for the G3 or earlier than the LG G2 that was unboxed in late 2013.
If the G3 is the next Nexus base-model, the timing seemingly suits with the predicted Nexus 6 market debut that according to Google will happen beginning in July though Android fans are expecting some sort of a preview at the I/O Developers Conference on June 24.
The consensus is Google will present Android 4.5 or 5.0 before the crowd of developers with a device powered by the freshly-baked mobile operating system. The popular wager is either a Nexus tablet or a Nexus smartphone.
And on release date, the same Nexus 6 smartphone is thought to showcase a 5.2-inch display panel with 2K screen resolution, a quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 805 chip, an Adreno 430 GPU, up to 3GB of RAM and 13MP rear cam shooter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James