'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 8 - Top 7 Sings Competitor's Pick' Airs April 16
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 16, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Source: YouTube/American Idol
It can be anyone's game this week on "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) if the Top 7 finalists will only start to loosen up and step out of their comfort zones, even if it's a tad too late in the competition. Last week gave way to a pretty obvious result when Malaya Watson got voted off, but will this week yield the same outcome for the weakest performer?
The American Idol spoilers reveal that Finals Week 7 song theme is "Competitor's Pick." It's quite a surprise because most of the viewers are hoping to put the #IdolRequest on Twitter into good use. But, apparently, everyone is in for a challenge this week. Top 7 is picking songs for each other. According to americanidolnet, "each finalist will be presented with a list of the six songs chosen for them to select one from to sing."
Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Ascuitto, Sam Woolf, Dexter Roberts and C.J. Harris are the remaining idol hopefuls who have survived the previous eliminations and are still battling it out on the idol stage for Finals Week 8. Malaya Watson was voted off last week, which had not been really a surprise since most of the reviewers already called Watson's performance as "weak" prior to her elimination.
In the bottom two with Watson was C.J. Harris who had also been a clear bet to leave the competition. Much has been said about C.J. Harris and his charisma to the viewers, but even the said "magic" is not helping him now. The country singer is apparently dwindling to the bottom as his performances are literally coming out dull and no saving can be extended to him this late in the competition. This week, Harris must prove himself to America or this might be his last chance to perform on the idol stage for this season.
But not just Harris needs some improvement to make. It appears that Sam Woolf is also on the brink of finally leaving the competition if he doesn't show America what they have been asking from him since the start of American Idol 2014. The guy needs to loosen up on the stage since it seems like voters are willing to look past his "pitch perfect" tone in favor of a better Sam Woolf being able to move on the stage.
Dexter Roberts might also fall into the bottom since he was considered "not compelling enough" with his last performance of "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" by Georgia Satellites. Nobody is safe. Not Caleb Johnson, not Jessica Meuse and neither Jena Asciutto nor Alex Preston. This is the part of the competition where what matters is the performers obeing able to perform well on the stage whatever the song is.
There's only five weeks left before the American Idol 2014 winner is crowned, so the top 7 idol hopefuls must now really impress both the American Idol 2014 judges -- Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. -- and the voters. So who's your pick?
'American Idol' 2014 Results: Voters Pick Top 7; Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson, Dexter Roberts, Jess Meuse - Who Goes Home? [Click HERE]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch