'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 8 - Top 7 Sings Competitor's Pick' Airs April 16
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 16, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Source: YouTube/American Idol
It can be anyone's game this week on "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) if the Top 7 finalists will only start to loosen up and step out of their comfort zones, even if it's a tad too late in the competition. Last week gave way to a pretty obvious result when Malaya Watson got voted off, but will this week yield the same outcome for the weakest performer?
The American Idol spoilers reveal that Finals Week 7 song theme is "Competitor's Pick." It's quite a surprise because most of the viewers are hoping to put the #IdolRequest on Twitter into good use. But, apparently, everyone is in for a challenge this week. Top 7 is picking songs for each other. According to americanidolnet, "each finalist will be presented with a list of the six songs chosen for them to select one from to sing."
Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Ascuitto, Sam Woolf, Dexter Roberts and C.J. Harris are the remaining idol hopefuls who have survived the previous eliminations and are still battling it out on the idol stage for Finals Week 8. Malaya Watson was voted off last week, which had not been really a surprise since most of the reviewers already called Watson's performance as "weak" prior to her elimination.
In the bottom two with Watson was C.J. Harris who had also been a clear bet to leave the competition. Much has been said about C.J. Harris and his charisma to the viewers, but even the said "magic" is not helping him now. The country singer is apparently dwindling to the bottom as his performances are literally coming out dull and no saving can be extended to him this late in the competition. This week, Harris must prove himself to America or this might be his last chance to perform on the idol stage for this season.
But not just Harris needs some improvement to make. It appears that Sam Woolf is also on the brink of finally leaving the competition if he doesn't show America what they have been asking from him since the start of American Idol 2014. The guy needs to loosen up on the stage since it seems like voters are willing to look past his "pitch perfect" tone in favor of a better Sam Woolf being able to move on the stage.
Dexter Roberts might also fall into the bottom since he was considered "not compelling enough" with his last performance of "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" by Georgia Satellites. Nobody is safe. Not Caleb Johnson, not Jessica Meuse and neither Jena Asciutto nor Alex Preston. This is the part of the competition where what matters is the performers obeing able to perform well on the stage whatever the song is.
There's only five weeks left before the American Idol 2014 winner is crowned, so the top 7 idol hopefuls must now really impress both the American Idol 2014 judges -- Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. -- and the voters. So who's your pick?
'American Idol' 2014 Results: Voters Pick Top 7; Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson, Dexter Roberts, Jess Meuse - Who Goes Home? [Click HERE]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List