Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty for DWI and Speeding Charges Against Her, Gets a Sweet Deal
By Annie Dee | April 16, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Dina Lohan plead guilty for the all the charges filed against her in First District Court in Hempstead on April, 15, 2014. Charges filed against her were aggravated driving while intoxicated or DWI as well as speeding back in 2013. Admitting to the charges meant no jail time for the mother of controversial young star, Lindsay Lohan. No one in their right mind will not take this opportunity to avoid jail time! She is hardly getting off scot free though. As part of her plea deal, she is expected to pay $2600 in fines, engage in 100 hours of community service and then subject herself to a drunken driving program. Dina Lohan seems amenable to all three punishments in relation to her charges.
Dina Lohan could not hide her relief that the case is now almost over. She was so happy that she expressed her gratitude in a promise and a commitment not to be back in court ever again. According to News Day, Dina Lohan can be heard saying, "I'll never be back here again. You can quote me on that one," before leaving in a silver Rolls-Royce.
The 51-yeard old mother of two controversial young stars, Lindsay and Ali Lohan, is said to be ordered by the court to finish her 100 hours of community service before her sentencing on June 3. Nassau District Court Judge Andrew Enger claims he has plans of giving Dina a conditional discharge, wherein she has to abide with her sentence terms and not get re-arrested in a span of one year. Had she been an ordinary person, this would have been the sweetest deal ever. Not getting arrested in a year is not supposed to be that hard, if you live in a normal world.
The judge also added he has plans of revoking Dina Lohan's driving license for a year. Dina will also be better off going back and getting some driver education classes, the judge says. The judge is also contemplating asking Dina to install an alcohol ignition interlock device in every car she drives to avoid the same incident and charges again. Lohan has also admitted to charges of speeding. She can really be seen as very cooperative; hence, the favourable sentencing for her.
Dina Lohan's lawyer for one cannot be happier with the turn of the events. Mark Heller, the lawyer claimed that the plea deal is favourable for Dina and very timely for the Holy Week too."On this, the first day of Passover, an offer has been made to Dina Lohan that is too good to pass over - no jail, no probation and the opportunity to resume her driving," he said.
We all hope the Lohan family can all get back on track together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report