Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty for DWI and Speeding Charges Against Her, Gets a Sweet Deal
By Annie Dee | April 16, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Dina Lohan plead guilty for the all the charges filed against her in First District Court in Hempstead on April, 15, 2014. Charges filed against her were aggravated driving while intoxicated or DWI as well as speeding back in 2013. Admitting to the charges meant no jail time for the mother of controversial young star, Lindsay Lohan. No one in their right mind will not take this opportunity to avoid jail time! She is hardly getting off scot free though. As part of her plea deal, she is expected to pay $2600 in fines, engage in 100 hours of community service and then subject herself to a drunken driving program. Dina Lohan seems amenable to all three punishments in relation to her charges.
Dina Lohan could not hide her relief that the case is now almost over. She was so happy that she expressed her gratitude in a promise and a commitment not to be back in court ever again. According to News Day, Dina Lohan can be heard saying, "I'll never be back here again. You can quote me on that one," before leaving in a silver Rolls-Royce.
The 51-yeard old mother of two controversial young stars, Lindsay and Ali Lohan, is said to be ordered by the court to finish her 100 hours of community service before her sentencing on June 3. Nassau District Court Judge Andrew Enger claims he has plans of giving Dina a conditional discharge, wherein she has to abide with her sentence terms and not get re-arrested in a span of one year. Had she been an ordinary person, this would have been the sweetest deal ever. Not getting arrested in a year is not supposed to be that hard, if you live in a normal world.
The judge also added he has plans of revoking Dina Lohan's driving license for a year. Dina will also be better off going back and getting some driver education classes, the judge says. The judge is also contemplating asking Dina to install an alcohol ignition interlock device in every car she drives to avoid the same incident and charges again. Lohan has also admitted to charges of speeding. She can really be seen as very cooperative; hence, the favourable sentencing for her.
Dina Lohan's lawyer for one cannot be happier with the turn of the events. Mark Heller, the lawyer claimed that the plea deal is favourable for Dina and very timely for the Holy Week too."On this, the first day of Passover, an offer has been made to Dina Lohan that is too good to pass over - no jail, no probation and the opportunity to resume her driving," he said.
We all hope the Lohan family can all get back on track together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People