Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty for DWI and Speeding Charges Against Her, Gets a Sweet Deal
By Annie Dee | April 16, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Dina Lohan plead guilty for the all the charges filed against her in First District Court in Hempstead on April, 15, 2014. Charges filed against her were aggravated driving while intoxicated or DWI as well as speeding back in 2013. Admitting to the charges meant no jail time for the mother of controversial young star, Lindsay Lohan. No one in their right mind will not take this opportunity to avoid jail time! She is hardly getting off scot free though. As part of her plea deal, she is expected to pay $2600 in fines, engage in 100 hours of community service and then subject herself to a drunken driving program. Dina Lohan seems amenable to all three punishments in relation to her charges.
Dina Lohan could not hide her relief that the case is now almost over. She was so happy that she expressed her gratitude in a promise and a commitment not to be back in court ever again. According to News Day, Dina Lohan can be heard saying, "I'll never be back here again. You can quote me on that one," before leaving in a silver Rolls-Royce.
The 51-yeard old mother of two controversial young stars, Lindsay and Ali Lohan, is said to be ordered by the court to finish her 100 hours of community service before her sentencing on June 3. Nassau District Court Judge Andrew Enger claims he has plans of giving Dina a conditional discharge, wherein she has to abide with her sentence terms and not get re-arrested in a span of one year. Had she been an ordinary person, this would have been the sweetest deal ever. Not getting arrested in a year is not supposed to be that hard, if you live in a normal world.
The judge also added he has plans of revoking Dina Lohan's driving license for a year. Dina will also be better off going back and getting some driver education classes, the judge says. The judge is also contemplating asking Dina to install an alcohol ignition interlock device in every car she drives to avoid the same incident and charges again. Lohan has also admitted to charges of speeding. She can really be seen as very cooperative; hence, the favourable sentencing for her.
Dina Lohan's lawyer for one cannot be happier with the turn of the events. Mark Heller, the lawyer claimed that the plea deal is favourable for Dina and very timely for the Holy Week too."On this, the first day of Passover, an offer has been made to Dina Lohan that is too good to pass over - no jail, no probation and the opportunity to resume her driving," he said.
We all hope the Lohan family can all get back on track together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone