Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty for DWI and Speeding Charges Against Her, Gets a Sweet Deal
By Annie Dee | April 16, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Dina Lohan plead guilty for the all the charges filed against her in First District Court in Hempstead on April, 15, 2014. Charges filed against her were aggravated driving while intoxicated or DWI as well as speeding back in 2013. Admitting to the charges meant no jail time for the mother of controversial young star, Lindsay Lohan. No one in their right mind will not take this opportunity to avoid jail time! She is hardly getting off scot free though. As part of her plea deal, she is expected to pay $2600 in fines, engage in 100 hours of community service and then subject herself to a drunken driving program. Dina Lohan seems amenable to all three punishments in relation to her charges.
Dina Lohan could not hide her relief that the case is now almost over. She was so happy that she expressed her gratitude in a promise and a commitment not to be back in court ever again. According to News Day, Dina Lohan can be heard saying, "I'll never be back here again. You can quote me on that one," before leaving in a silver Rolls-Royce.
The 51-yeard old mother of two controversial young stars, Lindsay and Ali Lohan, is said to be ordered by the court to finish her 100 hours of community service before her sentencing on June 3. Nassau District Court Judge Andrew Enger claims he has plans of giving Dina a conditional discharge, wherein she has to abide with her sentence terms and not get re-arrested in a span of one year. Had she been an ordinary person, this would have been the sweetest deal ever. Not getting arrested in a year is not supposed to be that hard, if you live in a normal world.
The judge also added he has plans of revoking Dina Lohan's driving license for a year. Dina will also be better off going back and getting some driver education classes, the judge says. The judge is also contemplating asking Dina to install an alcohol ignition interlock device in every car she drives to avoid the same incident and charges again. Lohan has also admitted to charges of speeding. She can really be seen as very cooperative; hence, the favourable sentencing for her.
Dina Lohan's lawyer for one cannot be happier with the turn of the events. Mark Heller, the lawyer claimed that the plea deal is favourable for Dina and very timely for the Holy Week too."On this, the first day of Passover, an offer has been made to Dina Lohan that is too good to pass over - no jail, no probation and the opportunity to resume her driving," he said.
We all hope the Lohan family can all get back on track together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories