Miley Cyrus Rushed to Hospital After Severe Allergic Reaction, Concert in Kansas City Cancelled
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 16, 2014 12:05 PM EST
Miley Cyrus was rushed to hospital after she reacted severely to a medicine.
The on-going Bangerz tour seems to be going through troubled waters. TMZ reported that Miley was at the Sprint Center in Kansas City where she was supposed to perform. According to reports, the problem occurred when Miley took some antibiotics. She probably took those medicines for her flu which stopped her from performing in Charlotte on Monday. Her body showed allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Therefore, her concert on Tuesday was also cancelled.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
TMZ further reported that one of their employees had earlier spotted Miley doing some shopping with her mother. That is why it is assumed that the allergic reaction that Miley suffered from was something which took place all of a sudden. Miley has immediately been advised by doctors to be on bed rest. Consequently, Miley's concert was cancelled as she would not be able to perform under such conditions.
Earlier in April, she lost her pet dog and seems yet to recover from the shock. She broke into tears earlier in a concert and dedicated a song to her pet. KMBC reported that Miley had been suffering from an "undisclosed" sickness for a week now.
The release by Sports Center did not, however, clarify if the concert would take place on another date later on. The release, nevertheless, asked ticket holders to get their refunds from where they purchased those. Automatic refunds will take place for those who purchased tickets online or through phone.
Miley has been quite active on Twitter. She shared how she felt after her pet dog had passed away. She took refuge in social media this time as well. Miley later tweeted that she was heartbroken just like her fans in Kansas City. She also wrote on Twitter that some "amazing" doctors were taking care of her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Apatosaurus, Triceratops And T-Rex Revealed
- New Couple Alert: Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder; 'The Vampire Diaries' Actress 'Hooking Up' With Co-Star Chris Wood—Report
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Director Says Yondu Is A ‘Big Softie’ When It Comes To Peter Quill