AC/DC Reportedly Retiring
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 11:36 AM EST
AC/DC may soon announce their retirement, it was claimed on a Perth radio station. A person who was only called as “Thunderstruck” claimed that the Australian hard rock band would retire because one of the members is “quite ill.”
Radio station 6PR read an anonymous email from “Thunderstruck” on Tuesday, saying that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers are set to retire after more than four decades of taking the stage.
“I have extremely good contacts in Europe that are very close to AC/DC. I have it on very good authority that one of the band members is quite ill and has returned to Australia with his family,” the email reads.
“AC/DC members have previously made a pact that no band members will be replaced should someone need to leave the band. No more is currently being said, however the particularly ill member of AC/DC’s son has stated that AC/DC may well be over.”
The ill member is reportedly guitarist Malcolm Young.
The station’s entertainment reporter, Peter Ford, added that the band may not “actually retire as such,” but they may just never perform or record again.
“One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn’t like to say anything, and we’re very private about things like this, so we didn’t wanna say anything,” he said.
“But I think we’ll be going in the studio in May in Vancouver, which means we should be getting ready.”
AC/DC was formed by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young in 1973. They released their first album “High Voltage” in Australia in 1975, and made it international by the following year.
After their frontman Bon Scot died in 1980, the band briefly considered quitting. Soon, they decided to hire Brian Johnson to replace their fallen member.
The current members include the Young brothers Angus and Malcolm, Johnson, Phil Rudd, and Cliff Williams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation