AC/DC Reportedly Retiring
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 11:36 AM EST
AC/DC may soon announce their retirement, it was claimed on a Perth radio station. A person who was only called as “Thunderstruck” claimed that the Australian hard rock band would retire because one of the members is “quite ill.”
Radio station 6PR read an anonymous email from “Thunderstruck” on Tuesday, saying that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers are set to retire after more than four decades of taking the stage.
“I have extremely good contacts in Europe that are very close to AC/DC. I have it on very good authority that one of the band members is quite ill and has returned to Australia with his family,” the email reads.
“AC/DC members have previously made a pact that no band members will be replaced should someone need to leave the band. No more is currently being said, however the particularly ill member of AC/DC’s son has stated that AC/DC may well be over.”
The ill member is reportedly guitarist Malcolm Young.
The station’s entertainment reporter, Peter Ford, added that the band may not “actually retire as such,” but they may just never perform or record again.
“One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn’t like to say anything, and we’re very private about things like this, so we didn’t wanna say anything,” he said.
“But I think we’ll be going in the studio in May in Vancouver, which means we should be getting ready.”
AC/DC was formed by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young in 1973. They released their first album “High Voltage” in Australia in 1975, and made it international by the following year.
After their frontman Bon Scot died in 1980, the band briefly considered quitting. Soon, they decided to hire Brian Johnson to replace their fallen member.
The current members include the Young brothers Angus and Malcolm, Johnson, Phil Rudd, and Cliff Williams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight