US Airways Tweets Pornographic Photo in Response to A Customer Complaint: Twitter Erupts With Funny Puns
By Sonalee singh | April 16, 2014 11:22 AM EST
US Airways recently tweeted a lewd and extremely graphic photo on its official Twitter account. The image was in response to complain of the customer named, Charlotte Douglas in regards to delay of flight from International Airport in North Carolina to Portland International Airport in Oregon.
The airlines took immediate the responsibility of the image stating that they were deeply apologetic for a pornographic image appearing in their official Twitter account.
Unfortunately, the image was inadvertently included in a response to a customer," the airline said in a statement."We immediately realized the error and removed our tweet. We deeply regret the mistake and we are currently reviewing our processes to prevent such errors in the future."
Although the image was immediately removed from the official account, the image went viral on the web with more than 422,000 followers sharing the image on Twitter.
This is not the first time that an American corporate has come under fire for such an act.
In 2011, Chrysler Group gained notoriety for sending foul language from one of its Twitter handles
"I find it ironic that Detroit is known as the motorcity and yet no one here knows how to ... drive," read the tweet (the unceremonious words have been censored).
Take a look at some of twitter reactions of people:
what you should really be mad about is that US Airways stole your mom's phone— David Thorpe (@Arr) April 15, 2014
Now I know the difference between US Airways and Virgin Airways.— Andrew Luck's Head (@AndrewLucksHead) April 15, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toddler Defecates on Seat Aboard Delta Airlines
- MH17: Sight of People Pouring from the Sky Haunt Villagers
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar