Fairies Sighting: UK University Professor Shares Captured Images of Fairies in Rossendale Valley, Lancashire
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 16, 2014 10:52 AM EST
A UK university professor grabbed the attention of many when he shared captured images of fairies in Rossendale Valley, Lancashire. John Hyatt, 53, revealed he was taking pictures of different flying insects on his local landscape but enlarging and inspecting the images showed that a group of tiny flying creatures had a human-shaped form.
Mr Hyatt, the Director of Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD), insisted in the Manchester Evening News report that his images are genuine and not altered in any way. John Hyatt shared that he did a double take when he enlarged the images and it made him go out and take pictures again of flies and gnats but the results do not look the same. Click HERE to see photo.
Even though the images were blurry, the university professor further claimed that the photos show the group of fairies enjoying themselves with a little dance in the sunlight. According to the Epoch Times report, John Hyatt leaves it up to the people who saw the photos to decide what was captured.
Mr Hyatt, who lives in Rawtenstall, has shared the captured images of his fairy sighting on social media networks and acknowledged the ongoing debate of people on the subject matter. According to the professor, it is up to the people to approach the fairy photographs with an open mind and decide what the creatures are.
"I don't believe they are just smaller versions of us and go home and have a cup of tea at the end of the day," John Hyatt explained. The MIRIAD director further admitted that the fairies in his photographs really look different from the characters illustrated in children stories but he hopes that it will change the public's opinion on the mystical creatures.
"I think it's one of those situations where you need to believe to see. A lot of people who have seen them [the photos] say they have brought a little bit of magic into their lives and there's not enough of that around," Mr Hyatt stated. There will be a special exhibition called "Rossendale Fairies" taking place at the Whitaker Museum in Whitaker Park, Rossendale all through spring.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Action Movie Kid: DreamWorks Animator Dad Make Son's Superhuman Imagination Real in Shared YouTube Family Videos [WATCH] - [READ]
2014 Lyrids Meteor Shower: Sky Display Set to Peak on April 22 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop