‘The Young and the Restless’ Spoilers: Elizabeth Hendrickson Quits ‘Y&R,’ What’s Next for Chloe; Helen Slater Joins the Cast, Adam Newman Return Update
By jaskiran kaur | April 16, 2014 9:28 AM EST
CBS' long running daily soap opera has undergone major cast shake up in past few months. Fans were left in a shock when fan-favorite Michael Muhney who played Adam Newman and Billy Miller who formerly played Billy Abbott exited the show, earlier this year. Soon after, Cynthia Watros who played Kelly announced her departure. To fans dismay, another actress has confirmed her exit. Elizabeth Hendrickson announced that she is leaving "The Young and the Restless." While speaking to Soap Opera Network she revealed what comes next for her character Chloe. Read on to find out the details. Also, find out who is the new character to debut the upcoming episodes of "Y&R." [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Read only if you want to learn more about it.
Daily soap opera veteran Elizabeth Hendrickson is saying goodbye to "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) in which she played the role of grieving mother Chloe Mitchell, according to Soap Opera Network. Elizabeth has completed 10 years as daytime soap opera star. Her stint includes more than six years in "The Young and the Restless" as Chloe Mitchell and rest as "All My Children's" as Maggie Stone. But what's next for her character Chloe in the "Y&R."
According to the Web site's report, Chloe is most likely go away from Genoa City to find some breathing space and help herself in putting things together.
Actress tells the publication that she isn't sure what scripts say about her character's exit. She says that she will be taping until April 21. Elizabeth explains that her character is struggling through the twists and turns her life has unexpectedly taken and how her present life situations may shape her exit. She explains that Chloe has been "struggling with the death of her daughter" Delia. She has also tried to "rekindle her relationship with Kevin" and is going through a very difficult phase with her friend Chelsea.
"So I'm sure that will all come to a head, and that's what she will mostly struggle with. And I think maybe she needs to get away from Genoa City to get a breather," explains Elizabeth Hendrickson.
Furthermore, actress teases that viewers can expect "to see the old spicy, feisty, confrontational, little vindictive Chloe coming back. So it's definitely a little bittersweet in my last few weeks."
In addition to that, a TV Guide report says that there is a new additions to "The Young and the Restless" cast. Actress Helen Slater who is known for her work in film "Supergirl" will join the cast as an OB/GYN named Dr. Chiverton on "Y&R." The Web site infers that someone on "The Young and the Restless" is expecting a baby which has not yet revealed. For now, fans only know that Tracey Bregman's Lauren is pregnant but there could be more in store. Helen will make her first appearance in May 2 episode of the show and is most likely to appear in at least five more episodes. The actress is known for her roles in films like "Ruthless People" and "The Secret of My Success." Her TV appearances include "The Lying Game," "Seinfeld," "Smallville" and more.
Meanwhile, fans continue to feel betrayed and disappointed after Michael Muhney's sudden dismissal. Ever since he exited the show, fans have only been hoping for his return as Adam Newman. For now, Adam's future on "Y&R" is unclear. A report by Celebrity Dirty Laundry speculated that "The Young and the Restless" may get Adam Newman with new looks. Soap Opera Digest's report about the official casting call for character called Aaron Newton revealed that the channel is looking for someone who is in mid 30s to late 30s. A very handsome, very sexy, very appealing, very charming LEADING Man. The character is described as a "smart businessman, loves women and can out maneuver even the shrewdest." Media outlet suggested that this description defines a man like Adam Newman who supposedly died in an explosive car crash accident. At present, he is thought to be dead by Genoa City residents. While there is no official update on Adam Newman's return on "The Young and the Restless," fans must wait to know the truth as last week a mysterious man with a wedding ring was shown reading newspaper with Chelsea's picture. Until then, let us know what you think of Elizabeth Hendrickson's exit and are you excited about Helen Slater's debut.
For more spoilers from "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools