Burger King China Branch Has a PooPoo Smoothie on Its Menu, Any Takers?
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 16, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Is it a case of lost in translation or a deliberate marketing gimmick to be talked about? Such questions would likely pop in the mind of fast food lovers when they read a particular item on the menu of a Burger King branch in China - the PooPoo Smoothie.
Now, before jumping to conclusion and think it is a dark brown concoction that must have passed through the anal canal of an exotic animal like the way a certain type of coffee is being marketed, let reader know that it is a cold drink made up of mango and big pearl sagos.
Being made of mango, then its color is yellow orange and not brown. No suggestions that it is made of animal or worse, human droppings.
Kotaku, a Chinese publication, compared the PooPoo Smoothie to the Taiwanese Boba Tea, a mango-flavoured slushie with pulp pearls that tasts like lychee. The cold drink is topped off with soft serve vanilla ice cream.
The Chinese staff of Burger King appear to be unaware that the English equivalent of poopoo is faeces. So when the Kotaku writer joked and asked for a chocolate ice cream topping, the staff failed to get the joke that adding a brown ice cream would give the smoothie a colour associated with human waste.
Based on the photos of the smoothie published by Kotaku, the one topped with vanilla costs 18.5 yuan, while the plain one costs 15.5 yuan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS