‘Fast & Furious 7’ Casting News: Paul Walker’s Brothers Caleb and Cody Filling In For Brian O’Conner Role
By Anne Lu | April 16, 2014 9:05 AM EST
Paul Walker’s brothers Caleb and Cody are filling in for him to complete some of his unfinished scenes in “Fast & Furious 7.” An official statement on the film’s Facebook page confirms previous reports that his brothers would replace him.
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013, file photo. The brothers of actor Paul Walker, who died in November, will fill in for the late action star in order to complete scenes in the upcoming film \"Fast & Furious 7,\" according to a statement posted on the film's Facebook page. Caleb and Cody Walker will help finish action scenes for their brother and \"fill in small gaps left in production,\" the statement said. REUTERS/Filipe Carvalho/Files
According to the statement, there are just a few short scenes involving Paul’s character, Brian O’Conner, that need to be shot, and Caleb and Cody are helping out to finish those scenes.
The Walkers are apparently the best persons to fill in for Paul as the movie franchise is always about family.
Universal Pictures put the production of the film on hiatus after Paul’s death in November. But on Tuesday, it has confirmed that the filming has resumed.
Paul died on Nov 30, 2013 from a car accident. He was 40.
“Fast & Furious 7,” which is reported to be the last film of the multi-billion-dollar film series, is scheduled to hit theatres on April 15.
A Note to the Fans of FAST & FURIOUS
The FAST & FURIOUS saga is about family. The characters are connected by the bond of family, and it is how all of us who have worked together for more than thirteen years feel about each other. It certainly defines how we feel about our fans.
Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November. We had to take time to grieve Paul, the brother we love and lost, and to figure out if we should move on with our film.
We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue. We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it’s among the strongest work of his career.
We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul’s brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our FAST family. Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production. Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too.
We are just under a year away from the release of FAST & FURIOUS 7, and this film is the most important we’ve ever done together. It will allow the character of Brian O’Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role.
We wanted to take a moment to speak to our fans directly and tahnk you for the love and support you always show us as we resume our work.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps