Munich Legalises Public Nudity, Names 6 Designated Nudist Zones
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 16, 2014 8:51 AM EST
The German city of Munich would be the haven for naturists and at the same time a paradise for peeping Toms. The third largest city in the country just legalised public nudity after the lapse last autumn of statewide laws banning nude sunbathing.
Naked volunteers pose for U.S. artist Tunick in front of the Sydney Opera House
However, while naturists are limited to six designated nudist zones, none of these areas have fences or are located in hidden spots, so anyone who wants to feast his or her eyes on eye candy bodies could freely do so, although that may mean he or she must also be wearing nothing except the birthday suit so as not to be suspected of being in the place to peep.
Also in some place such as public saunas, clothed people are asked to take off their cover so as not to make the naked ones uncomfortable. These places are generally naked-only and mixed sex zones, although there are some single gender days also.
The six nudist zones are in Flaucher, Brudermuhkbruckle, Mittlere-Isar-StraBe, Eisbach, behind the Haus der Kunst, Schwabinger Bucht and Feldmonchinger See.
Even if there was a law banning public nudity, it was common to see naked bodies sunbathing at city spots such as Englischer Garten and Isar River.
East Germany opened the first naturist beach in 1920. Observers believe the absence for a long period of strong religious influence is the reason why East Germans have lesser inhibitions about showing their nude bodies in public.
However, a former tour guide shared that on some occasions, some tourists enter the nude zones armed with roving zoom lens which are the indicators that these visitors have other intentions than just giving their epidermis a healthy dose of free Vitamin C.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed