Munich Legalises Public Nudity, Names 6 Designated Nudist Zones
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 16, 2014 8:51 AM EST
The German city of Munich would be the haven for naturists and at the same time a paradise for peeping Toms. The third largest city in the country just legalised public nudity after the lapse last autumn of statewide laws banning nude sunbathing.
Naked volunteers pose for U.S. artist Tunick in front of the Sydney Opera House
However, while naturists are limited to six designated nudist zones, none of these areas have fences or are located in hidden spots, so anyone who wants to feast his or her eyes on eye candy bodies could freely do so, although that may mean he or she must also be wearing nothing except the birthday suit so as not to be suspected of being in the place to peep.
Also in some place such as public saunas, clothed people are asked to take off their cover so as not to make the naked ones uncomfortable. These places are generally naked-only and mixed sex zones, although there are some single gender days also.
The six nudist zones are in Flaucher, Brudermuhkbruckle, Mittlere-Isar-StraBe, Eisbach, behind the Haus der Kunst, Schwabinger Bucht and Feldmonchinger See.
Even if there was a law banning public nudity, it was common to see naked bodies sunbathing at city spots such as Englischer Garten and Isar River.
East Germany opened the first naturist beach in 1920. Observers believe the absence for a long period of strong religious influence is the reason why East Germans have lesser inhibitions about showing their nude bodies in public.
However, a former tour guide shared that on some occasions, some tourists enter the nude zones armed with roving zoom lens which are the indicators that these visitors have other intentions than just giving their epidermis a healthy dose of free Vitamin C.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]