Lorde Idolizes Hilary Duff, Expresses Excitement Over Being Present at Private Concert: 'Hilary Duff is a fan—that freaks me out!'
By Diadem Pambid | April 16, 2014 8:21 AM EST
Lorde is certainly becoming the pop star almost every kid wants to be. At 17, the New Zealand native has a single that managed to reach the number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and a number of Grammy Awards. Yet, who would have thought that Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor was like a few other fan girls who idolized Hilary Duff in the 90's?
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
In the May issue of Teen Vogue where Lorde graces the cover, aside from talking about her usual style, the 17 year old singer gushed about Hilary Duff. The star is obviously a fan of "Lizzie McGuire," Disney's hit shows in the 90's that starred Duff.
"Hilary Duff? Are you freaking serious? Hilary Duff was there last night? This is what dreams are made of! Was she vibing it? Was she bobbing her head?" stated Lorde excitedly, adding, "This is the most insane thing that's ever happened to me. That's my childhood right there. Hilary Duff is a fan-that freaks me out!"
Hilary Duff joins two other former Disney stars that Lorde has praises for. Fans of the singer may recall that during an MTV Q&A, Lorde was asked who her favourite Disney star was to which she replied Miley Cyrus. The Kiwi singer also complimented "X-Factor's" Demi Lovato for her performance on "Camp Rock."
"'Camp Rock' was great. I really enjoyed 'Camp Rock,'" stated Lorde (via Examiner).
Apparently, there is one former Disney star that Lorde doesn't really like. The "Royals" singer dissed Selena Gomez back in 2013 for her song "Come & Get It" and it doesn't seem like they'll be friends anytime soon.
"I love pop music on a sonic level. But I'm a feminist and the theme of her song [Come & Get It] is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way," stated Lorde (via The Hot Hits).
As for Selena Gomez, the 21 year old singer took the diss quite maturely. In an interview with Seventeen magazine, Gomez says she will continue to support the Grammy award winner despite the diss.
"I'm going to support her whether she likes me or not because I think she's doing great things," says Gomez to Seventeen, adding, "Some day I will see her and we'll be cool."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones