Lorde Idolizes Hilary Duff, Expresses Excitement Over Being Present at Private Concert: 'Hilary Duff is a fan—that freaks me out!'
By Diadem Pambid | April 16, 2014 8:21 AM EST
Lorde is certainly becoming the pop star almost every kid wants to be. At 17, the New Zealand native has a single that managed to reach the number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and a number of Grammy Awards. Yet, who would have thought that Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor was like a few other fan girls who idolized Hilary Duff in the 90's?
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
In the May issue of Teen Vogue where Lorde graces the cover, aside from talking about her usual style, the 17 year old singer gushed about Hilary Duff. The star is obviously a fan of "Lizzie McGuire," Disney's hit shows in the 90's that starred Duff.
"Hilary Duff? Are you freaking serious? Hilary Duff was there last night? This is what dreams are made of! Was she vibing it? Was she bobbing her head?" stated Lorde excitedly, adding, "This is the most insane thing that's ever happened to me. That's my childhood right there. Hilary Duff is a fan-that freaks me out!"
Hilary Duff joins two other former Disney stars that Lorde has praises for. Fans of the singer may recall that during an MTV Q&A, Lorde was asked who her favourite Disney star was to which she replied Miley Cyrus. The Kiwi singer also complimented "X-Factor's" Demi Lovato for her performance on "Camp Rock."
"'Camp Rock' was great. I really enjoyed 'Camp Rock,'" stated Lorde (via Examiner).
Apparently, there is one former Disney star that Lorde doesn't really like. The "Royals" singer dissed Selena Gomez back in 2013 for her song "Come & Get It" and it doesn't seem like they'll be friends anytime soon.
"I love pop music on a sonic level. But I'm a feminist and the theme of her song [Come & Get It] is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way," stated Lorde (via The Hot Hits).
As for Selena Gomez, the 21 year old singer took the diss quite maturely. In an interview with Seventeen magazine, Gomez says she will continue to support the Grammy award winner despite the diss.
"I'm going to support her whether she likes me or not because I think she's doing great things," says Gomez to Seventeen, adding, "Some day I will see her and we'll be cool."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate