Lorde Idolizes Hilary Duff, Expresses Excitement Over Being Present at Private Concert: 'Hilary Duff is a fan—that freaks me out!'
By Diadem Pambid | April 16, 2014 8:21 AM EST
Lorde is certainly becoming the pop star almost every kid wants to be. At 17, the New Zealand native has a single that managed to reach the number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and a number of Grammy Awards. Yet, who would have thought that Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor was like a few other fan girls who idolized Hilary Duff in the 90's?
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
In the May issue of Teen Vogue where Lorde graces the cover, aside from talking about her usual style, the 17 year old singer gushed about Hilary Duff. The star is obviously a fan of "Lizzie McGuire," Disney's hit shows in the 90's that starred Duff.
"Hilary Duff? Are you freaking serious? Hilary Duff was there last night? This is what dreams are made of! Was she vibing it? Was she bobbing her head?" stated Lorde excitedly, adding, "This is the most insane thing that's ever happened to me. That's my childhood right there. Hilary Duff is a fan-that freaks me out!"
Hilary Duff joins two other former Disney stars that Lorde has praises for. Fans of the singer may recall that during an MTV Q&A, Lorde was asked who her favourite Disney star was to which she replied Miley Cyrus. The Kiwi singer also complimented "X-Factor's" Demi Lovato for her performance on "Camp Rock."
"'Camp Rock' was great. I really enjoyed 'Camp Rock,'" stated Lorde (via Examiner).
Apparently, there is one former Disney star that Lorde doesn't really like. The "Royals" singer dissed Selena Gomez back in 2013 for her song "Come & Get It" and it doesn't seem like they'll be friends anytime soon.
"I love pop music on a sonic level. But I'm a feminist and the theme of her song [Come & Get It] is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way," stated Lorde (via The Hot Hits).
As for Selena Gomez, the 21 year old singer took the diss quite maturely. In an interview with Seventeen magazine, Gomez says she will continue to support the Grammy award winner despite the diss.
"I'm going to support her whether she likes me or not because I think she's doing great things," says Gomez to Seventeen, adding, "Some day I will see her and we'll be cool."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around