Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Line Up a Surprise £38million Deal Involving Everton Ace
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 7:55 AM EST
Liverpool are lining up a surprise deal involving Everton ace midfielder Ross Barkley for £38million.
The England international has earned plaudits for playing impressively this season in a Toffees uniform.
Liverpool are reported to be lining up a £38million surprise move to acquire Everton ace Ross Barkley
He has been breaking down the opposition's defensive line to create opportunities for the target man in front of him, while equally abled to take advantage of favourable situations himself, scoring 5 goals, thus far, in the ongoing Premier League.
The 20-year-old has yet to receive a call from Roy Hodgson since November last year. However, Barkley's form might not only give the latter a second thought, but rather compel him to include the youngster in his squad that will play in the World Cup this coming June.
The apparent hindrance, though, is the fact that the two Merseyside clubs are bitter rivals, which should force the Reds to break the bank.
Moreover, a Champions League qualification by Everton could make the prospective move all the more difficult.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move