Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Line Up a Surprise £38million Deal Involving Everton Ace
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 7:55 AM EST
Liverpool are lining up a surprise deal involving Everton ace midfielder Ross Barkley for £38million.
The England international has earned plaudits for playing impressively this season in a Toffees uniform.
Liverpool are reported to be lining up a £38million surprise move to acquire Everton ace Ross Barkley
He has been breaking down the opposition's defensive line to create opportunities for the target man in front of him, while equally abled to take advantage of favourable situations himself, scoring 5 goals, thus far, in the ongoing Premier League.
The 20-year-old has yet to receive a call from Roy Hodgson since November last year. However, Barkley's form might not only give the latter a second thought, but rather compel him to include the youngster in his squad that will play in the World Cup this coming June.
The apparent hindrance, though, is the fact that the two Merseyside clubs are bitter rivals, which should force the Reds to break the bank.
Moreover, a Champions League qualification by Everton could make the prospective move all the more difficult.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air