Liverpool FC Transfer News: Source Claims Marseille Playmaker Adores Arsenal Style, but Might Choose Anfield
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 6:47 AM EST
Liverpool target and Olympique Marseille playmaker Mathieu Valbuena is suggested to adore Arsenal's style of play, but a possible absence from the Champions League by the Gunners might set his sights at Anfield.
Olympique Marseille's Mathieu Valbuena might choose Liverpool over Arsenal, in case the latter fails to qualify for the Champions League
"Valbuena wants to leave and will have a lot of offers this summer," a source told Football Direct News.
"He likes the way Arsenal play and I think he couldn't say no to them."
The France international is the creative force in the middle of the park for OM, recording 7 assists in 28 starts in the Ligue 1, while also having a knack for goals, with 3 to his name.
At 29, he has yet to play for a club outside his homeland. Nevertheless, he boasts of a vast experience in Europe's premier competition - the Champions League - since moving to Stade Vélodrome in 2006, and has proven that he can slug it out with the big boys.
Valbuena, who was given the starting nod by Didier Deschamps in a 2-0 friendly win against Netherlands in March, is one of the favourites to secure a spot in the national team that will play in the upcoming World Cup.
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider