Liverpool FC Transfer News: Source Claims Marseille Playmaker Adores Arsenal Style, but Might Choose Anfield
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 6:47 AM EST
Liverpool target and Olympique Marseille playmaker Mathieu Valbuena is suggested to adore Arsenal's style of play, but a possible absence from the Champions League by the Gunners might set his sights at Anfield.
Olympique Marseille's Mathieu Valbuena might choose Liverpool over Arsenal, in case the latter fails to qualify for the Champions League
"Valbuena wants to leave and will have a lot of offers this summer," a source told Football Direct News.
"He likes the way Arsenal play and I think he couldn't say no to them."
The France international is the creative force in the middle of the park for OM, recording 7 assists in 28 starts in the Ligue 1, while also having a knack for goals, with 3 to his name.
At 29, he has yet to play for a club outside his homeland. Nevertheless, he boasts of a vast experience in Europe's premier competition - the Champions League - since moving to Stade Vélodrome in 2006, and has proven that he can slug it out with the big boys.
Valbuena, who was given the starting nod by Didier Deschamps in a 2-0 friendly win against Netherlands in March, is one of the favourites to secure a spot in the national team that will play in the upcoming World Cup.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu