Liverpool FC Transfer News: Source Claims Marseille Playmaker Adores Arsenal Style, but Might Choose Anfield
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 6:47 AM EST
Liverpool target and Olympique Marseille playmaker Mathieu Valbuena is suggested to adore Arsenal's style of play, but a possible absence from the Champions League by the Gunners might set his sights at Anfield.
Olympique Marseille's Mathieu Valbuena might choose Liverpool over Arsenal, in case the latter fails to qualify for the Champions League
"Valbuena wants to leave and will have a lot of offers this summer," a source told Football Direct News.
"He likes the way Arsenal play and I think he couldn't say no to them."
The France international is the creative force in the middle of the park for OM, recording 7 assists in 28 starts in the Ligue 1, while also having a knack for goals, with 3 to his name.
At 29, he has yet to play for a club outside his homeland. Nevertheless, he boasts of a vast experience in Europe's premier competition - the Champions League - since moving to Stade Vélodrome in 2006, and has proven that he can slug it out with the big boys.
Valbuena, who was given the starting nod by Didier Deschamps in a 2-0 friendly win against Netherlands in March, is one of the favourites to secure a spot in the national team that will play in the upcoming World Cup.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More