Chelsea FC Transfer News: Insider Reveals Blues Interest in Roma Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 5:35 AM EST
An insider claims that Chelsea are interested in securing the services of AS Roma defender Dodo.
"My understanding is that we're one of a number of clubs looking at Dodo at Roma," the source told Football Direct News.
Chelsea are interested in signing AS Roma defender Dodo, reveals an insider
"We've got a few players in mind, but he's been impressive."
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is looking for reinforcement at the left-back position to challenge season-regular Cesar Azpilicueta, with out-of-favour veteran Ashley Cole set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.
The 22-year-old's last international scene experience was way back when he was still a part of the Brazil Under-20s squad, but now, he has the opportunity of making a name for himself in west London, should a deal push through.
Given his Samba lineage, Dodo is comfortable with the ball, to say the least, and is a legitimate offensive threat going forward threat.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS