Chelsea FC Transfer News: Insider Reveals Blues Interest in Roma Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 5:35 AM EST
An insider claims that Chelsea are interested in securing the services of AS Roma defender Dodo.
"My understanding is that we're one of a number of clubs looking at Dodo at Roma," the source told Football Direct News.
Chelsea are interested in signing AS Roma defender Dodo, reveals an insider
"We've got a few players in mind, but he's been impressive."
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is looking for reinforcement at the left-back position to challenge season-regular Cesar Azpilicueta, with out-of-favour veteran Ashley Cole set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.
The 22-year-old's last international scene experience was way back when he was still a part of the Brazil Under-20s squad, but now, he has the opportunity of making a name for himself in west London, should a deal push through.
Given his Samba lineage, Dodo is comfortable with the ball, to say the least, and is a legitimate offensive threat going forward threat.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage