Liverpool FC News: Improved Contract to Reward Reds Winger in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Liverpool are working to improve the contract of Reds winger Raheem Sterling after putting up a stellar performance this season.
Liverpool are looking to reward Reds winger Raheem Sterling (L) with an improved contract
The England international provided 5 assists along with 7 goals, one of which was the spectacular opener against Manchester City on Sunday wherein he was able to keep his composure just inside the box to deliver a deadly strike that found the back of the net, in 20 starts in the Premier League.
He has pledged to focus on his development as a player by moving to a place that will keep him away from the temptations of the Liverpool City Centre.
The 19-year-old, who started in England's recent friendly against Denmark in March, could be well on his way to the World Cup finals.
Sterling is tied with the Merseyside outfit until June 2018 with a suggested weekly wage of £30,000, but after proving that he can be the next big thing at Anfield, a reward may come in the form of a new agreement this summer.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS