Liverpool FC News: Improved Contract to Reward Reds Winger in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Liverpool are working to improve the contract of Reds winger Raheem Sterling after putting up a stellar performance this season.
Liverpool are looking to reward Reds winger Raheem Sterling (L) with an improved contract
The England international provided 5 assists along with 7 goals, one of which was the spectacular opener against Manchester City on Sunday wherein he was able to keep his composure just inside the box to deliver a deadly strike that found the back of the net, in 20 starts in the Premier League.
He has pledged to focus on his development as a player by moving to a place that will keep him away from the temptations of the Liverpool City Centre.
The 19-year-old, who started in England's recent friendly against Denmark in March, could be well on his way to the World Cup finals.
Sterling is tied with the Merseyside outfit until June 2018 with a suggested weekly wage of £30,000, but after proving that he can be the next big thing at Anfield, a reward may come in the form of a new agreement this summer.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu