Arsenal v West Ham Live Streaming: News, Updates, Schedule, Scores
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 16, 2014 2:06 AM EST
Arsenal will be looking to boost their chances of clinching a top-four spot as they take on clinch a top-four spot as they take on mid-table team West Ham.
“It is OK. In the last weeks, we played just once in the week so we have had a good rest.” - Olivier Giroud
In spite of suffering from poor form in the Premier League, in which they remain winless in the recent four games, the Gunners are coming off a morale-boosting victory in the semi-final clash against Wigan in the FA Cup on Saturday.
Fatigue is a cause of concern ahead of their fixture on Tuesday, but hitman Olivier Giroud believes otherwise.
"It is OK. In the last weeks, we played just once in the week so we have had a good rest," he told arsenal.com.
"We have a great opportunity to write a really big page of Arsenal's history, to qualify for the Champions League and to win the FA Cup final. It will be an exciting finish."
With his team trailing fourth-placed Everton by 2 points, the France international knows the significance of their remaining matches.
"We know that we have to win every single game. We are going to have six finals now, if I can say that. Hopefully Everton will lose some points, maybe against the two Manchester clubs or Southampton. Every single game will be tough for everyone so let's do the job first and we will have a look at where we are," he added.
Meanwhile, Hammers boss, Sam Allardyce, acknowledged the fact that the opposition may feel the effects of wear-and-tear, however, he is also well aware that quality will compensate for such drawback.
"I think we all suffer in spells of difficulty when players can't recover in time and you factor in injuries that you have. We all know that weakens your team," Allardyce told whufc.com.
"They keep a squad of 25 international players and they're playing at the Emirates, so whatever difficulties they have it's still a hugely tough fixture for ourselves."
"Whatever team Arsene puts out, we still have to play at our best to get a result, particularly on their own patch."
"It won't be any easier than it ever has been to get a result at the Emirates because the players that are actually playing won't fatigue until later in the game. It won't happen in the beginning of the game and we'll have to be on song from the start and fully focused on the job we have to do to try and get something."
Probable Starters (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Gibbs, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker; Kallstrom, Arteta; Podolski, Cazorla, Rosicky; Giroud
Injured/Out: Özil, Walcott, Wilshere, Flamini
Doubtful: Rosicky, Koscielny, Gnabry, Podolski, Monreal, Chamberlain
Probable Starters (4-2-3-1): Adrian; Armero, Demel, Reid, Tomkins; Taylor, Noble; Jarvis, Downing, Diame; Carroll
Injured/Out: Borriello, McCartney
Doubtful: O'Brien, Nolan, Collins
Schedule and Live Streaming Information:
Kick-off: 04:45, Wednesday, 16-Apr-14 (Australian EST/Sydney)
U.S. - [here]
Canada - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase