'The Voice' USA 2014 Playoffs 3: Where to Watch Episode 19; Top 5 from Team Usher to Perform
By Raymond Ronamai | April 16, 2014 1:25 AM EST
The pre-recorded episodes of "The Voice" USA 2014 will come to an end on Tuesday night with the remaining five contestants from Team Usher taking the stage to impress their coach, who among them stays in the competition.
Screenshot from Official Video
Tess Boyer sings during "The Voice" USA 2014 Playoffs on Monday.
The Playoffs episode 3 featuring five members of Team Usher will start on Tuesday at 8:00 pm EST on NBC Television (6.30 am IST, Wednesday). The coach will choose three of the remaining five contestants - T.J. Wilkins, Stevie Jo, Melissa Jimenez, Bria Kelly and Delvin Choice - based on their performance in the episode.
Monday's episode saw contestants from Team Adam and Team Shakira trying to convince their respective coaches to select them.
Kristen Merlin kicked off the night with Carrie Underwood's "Two Black Cadillacs" and she managed to impress the judges with her beautiful rendition.
Deja Hall performed Jordin Sparks's "Battlefield" but her rendition lacked passion and power needed at this stage of the competition.
Tess Boyer's rendition of "Human" by Christina Perri was impressive. Her journey in the competition has been bumpy having stolen twice in the competition but she sounds like she has come a long way.
Patrick Thomson sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" in Monday's Playoffs. It was a good performance but it it looked like he was not at his best.
Dani Moz was the last in Shakira's team to perform. She sang "The Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga with full of conviction and her coach looked visibly excited.
After listening to the performances of her team members, Shakira chose Dani, Kristen, and Tess to move on to the live rounds next week.
Delvin Choice started Monday's Playoff for Team Adam with Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" and it was good rendition though his song choice could have been better.
Jake Barker sang Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." He deserves applause for daring to sing before Adam, the frontman of the band. He not only sang with ease but also managed to impress the coaches with his rendition.
Kat Perkins rendered Journey's "Open Arms," and it was a powerful and flawless performance.
Morgan Wallen sang country song, "Stay" by Florida Georgia Line. His performance was good but not it was a little underwhelming compared to other contestants in his team.
Christina Grimmie sang Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up" and it was a good performance.
Adam chose Delvin, Kat, and Christina at the end of the episode, sending Jake and Morgan home.
(Photo Credit: Screenshot from The Voice YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery