'The Voice' USA 2014 Playoffs 3: Where to Watch Episode 19; Top 5 from Team Usher to Perform
By Raymond Ronamai | April 16, 2014 1:25 AM EST
The pre-recorded episodes of "The Voice" USA 2014 will come to an end on Tuesday night with the remaining five contestants from Team Usher taking the stage to impress their coach, who among them stays in the competition.
Screenshot from Official Video
Tess Boyer sings during "The Voice" USA 2014 Playoffs on Monday.
The Playoffs episode 3 featuring five members of Team Usher will start on Tuesday at 8:00 pm EST on NBC Television (6.30 am IST, Wednesday). The coach will choose three of the remaining five contestants - T.J. Wilkins, Stevie Jo, Melissa Jimenez, Bria Kelly and Delvin Choice - based on their performance in the episode.
Monday's episode saw contestants from Team Adam and Team Shakira trying to convince their respective coaches to select them.
Kristen Merlin kicked off the night with Carrie Underwood's "Two Black Cadillacs" and she managed to impress the judges with her beautiful rendition.
Deja Hall performed Jordin Sparks's "Battlefield" but her rendition lacked passion and power needed at this stage of the competition.
Tess Boyer's rendition of "Human" by Christina Perri was impressive. Her journey in the competition has been bumpy having stolen twice in the competition but she sounds like she has come a long way.
Patrick Thomson sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" in Monday's Playoffs. It was a good performance but it it looked like he was not at his best.
Dani Moz was the last in Shakira's team to perform. She sang "The Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga with full of conviction and her coach looked visibly excited.
After listening to the performances of her team members, Shakira chose Dani, Kristen, and Tess to move on to the live rounds next week.
Delvin Choice started Monday's Playoff for Team Adam with Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" and it was good rendition though his song choice could have been better.
Jake Barker sang Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." He deserves applause for daring to sing before Adam, the frontman of the band. He not only sang with ease but also managed to impress the coaches with his rendition.
Kat Perkins rendered Journey's "Open Arms," and it was a powerful and flawless performance.
Morgan Wallen sang country song, "Stay" by Florida Georgia Line. His performance was good but not it was a little underwhelming compared to other contestants in his team.
Christina Grimmie sang Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up" and it was a good performance.
Adam chose Delvin, Kat, and Christina at the end of the episode, sending Jake and Morgan home.
(Photo Credit: Screenshot from The Voice YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June