Box Office Collection: ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ and Punjabi Film ‘Disco Singh’ Perform Well on Monday in India
By Ankita Mehta | April 15, 2014 10:32 PM EST
"Bhoothnath Returns" starring Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao had a decent Monday, due to holiday across the country.
The film raked in approximately 4 crore on its fourth day from domestic box office, taking its overall accumulations to 22.02 crore nett.
The film didn't witness a drop on first Monday compared to its opening as the total of both the days are in same range i.e. around 4 crore.
The opening weekend breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday 4.07 crore, Saturday 5.85 crore and Sunday 8.10 crore.
In India, the film opened with a dull response, but it picked up gradually during the weekend, especially on Sunday. However, it's not the same case in the overseas market.
The film had a slow start in the international market and it failed to pick up during the opening weekend. In the first three days, the film minted only 3.05 crore.
"#BhoothnathReturns hasn't worked in major international markets. Overseas weekend total: $ 504,446 [3.05 cr]. Best in UAE-GCC," Adarsh tweeted.
Only in UAE, where Big B has a huge fan following, the film worked raking in around 1.70 crore from the opening weekend. The rest of the circuits remained dull.
Check out the overseas collection of "Bhoothnath Returns" and other films here.
Meanwhile, Punjabi film "Disco Singh" is doing well in India and the overseas market. The film remained rock-steady on first Monday in India due to Baisakhi holiday in Punjab.
The Monday collection was the second highest for Punjabi film ever, according to boxofficeindia.com. The overall four day total of the film from Indian markets stands at 3.75 crore.
In overseas market also, the film is doing well, where it raked in 1.03 crore in its opening weekend.
Image credit: Facebook/BhoothnathReturns
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon