Box Office Collection: ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ and Punjabi Film ‘Disco Singh’ Perform Well on Monday in India
By Ankita Mehta | April 15, 2014 10:32 PM EST
"Bhoothnath Returns" starring Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao had a decent Monday, due to holiday across the country.
The film raked in approximately 4 crore on its fourth day from domestic box office, taking its overall accumulations to 22.02 crore nett.
The film didn't witness a drop on first Monday compared to its opening as the total of both the days are in same range i.e. around 4 crore.
The opening weekend breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday 4.07 crore, Saturday 5.85 crore and Sunday 8.10 crore.
In India, the film opened with a dull response, but it picked up gradually during the weekend, especially on Sunday. However, it's not the same case in the overseas market.
The film had a slow start in the international market and it failed to pick up during the opening weekend. In the first three days, the film minted only 3.05 crore.
"#BhoothnathReturns hasn't worked in major international markets. Overseas weekend total: $ 504,446 [3.05 cr]. Best in UAE-GCC," Adarsh tweeted.
Only in UAE, where Big B has a huge fan following, the film worked raking in around 1.70 crore from the opening weekend. The rest of the circuits remained dull.
Check out the overseas collection of "Bhoothnath Returns" and other films here.
Meanwhile, Punjabi film "Disco Singh" is doing well in India and the overseas market. The film remained rock-steady on first Monday in India due to Baisakhi holiday in Punjab.
The Monday collection was the second highest for Punjabi film ever, according to boxofficeindia.com. The overall four day total of the film from Indian markets stands at 3.75 crore.
In overseas market also, the film is doing well, where it raked in 1.03 crore in its opening weekend.
Image credit: Facebook/BhoothnathReturns
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown