Update Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE with I9505XXUFNC5 Android 4.4.2 Stock Firmware
By Precious Silva | April 15, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Samsung has always rolled out Android updates in stages. The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is no different. Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE users now have the option to upgrade to Android 4.4.2 through I9505XXUFNC5 stock firmware. Users must follow a set of pre-installation requirements and installation procedures to make sure nothing goes wrong with the update. The following sections provide a guide on how to upgrade.
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE users can now update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat without the OTA. The stock firmware is available specifically to GT-I9505 model. Users should understand that updating to the stock firmware requires manual installation.
Important Note: Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for whatever happens to the device upon upgrade. The stock firmware is not an official release from Samsung. Users can update at their own risk.
Prior to installation, users should satisfy the following requirements:
- Make sure Galaxy S4 LTE is the GT-I9505 model.
- Back up all important information and settings. Use third party applications or Samsung's backup program.
- Make sure the device is charged at least 80 percent.
- Allow USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings and open Developer Options.
Here are the instructions for updating Galaxy S4 LTE to Android 4.4.2 firmware according to the Droid Report:
1. Download the stock firmware and Odin v3.09.
2. Set Galaxy S4 to Download Mode. Do this by pressing Home, Volume Down and Power buttons. Once the warning prompt shows, press Volume Up.
3. Extract files from the Odin v3.09 package. Righ click on the .exe file and run it as administrator.
4. Connect the device to the computer through USB cable. Wait for the ID:COM notification to turn blue. If this does not happen then install the USB drivers once more.
5. In Odin, select AP then go for .md5 file.
6. Uncheck the Re-Partition option. Select Auto Reboot then go with F. Reset Time.
7. Press start to proceed with the installation processor. Wait for the installation process to complete.
8. The device will reboot. Wait for it to finish.
The device should be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat successfully.
To contact the editor, e-mail: