'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun Starrer Rocks US
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 15, 2014 9:37 PM EST
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's "Race Gurram" is continuing its fantastic run at the box office. The film, which had a good first weekend, performed well on Monday (14 April) at the AP/Nizam box office.
Race Gurram Poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
"Race Gurram" did strong business on Monday owing to public holiday and positive word of mouth. The family entertainer is estimated to have earned around ₹2.75 crore from AP/Nizam share on its 4th day, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
In its opening weekend, "Race Gurram" had minted ₹22.53 crore share at the worldwide box office. With the addition of the fourth-day collections, the film has surpassed the ₹25-crore mark worldwide.
The Allu Arjun starrer has performed exceptionally well in the United States, which is one of the key overseas markets for Telugu films. "Race Gurram" has earned ₹5 crore in its first weekend in the US. The film has surpassed "Julayi" collections and is all set to enter into the $1 million club. It will be Allu Arjun's first film to enter into the elite $1 million club, which has big stars like Pawan Kalyan, Jr NTR and Mahesh Babu.
"Telugu film #RaceGurram - USA - opng wknd: $ 844,101 [Rs 5.08 cr]. Reported screens. FANTASTIC. Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film has surpassed Amitabh Bachchan's "Bhoothnath Returns" opening weekend collections which amount to ₹46.31 lakh. It has also earned better collections than "Main Tera Hero" (₹1.10 crore) and "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (₹8.65 lakh). [Note: The screen count varies for each of these films]. To Look at the overseas collection report, click HERE.
Directed by Surender Reddy, "Race Gurram" has Shaam, Shruti Haasan, Brahmanandam and several other actors in supporting roles. Allu Arjun and Brahmanandam's performance have won accolades from both the critics as well as from the audience.
The film is likely to end the first week on a grand note and continue its good run in its second week.
Image credit: Facebook/Race Gurram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga