Mercedes-Benz Launches 2014 GL63 AMG in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 9:19 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz launched its 2014 GL63 AMG in India at ₹1.66 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine, which can generate 565PS of power and 760Nm of torque, the GL63 AMG comes with a standard 3 year warranty without mileage limitations and can accelerate 0-100kmph in only 5.5 seconds. The vehicle is capable of attaining top speed of 250 kmph and comes with three driving modes-comfort, manual and sport. The GL63 AMG will be brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built-up Unit) route and will compete with Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Mercedes Benz sells a wide range of cars in India, such as A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG. Beside S Class, Mercedes also assembles E-Class, C-Class, GL-Class and the M-Class models locally in India. The company has also started assembling its S Class model locally in India (at their Chakan plant in Pune). 2014 Mercedes S Class S500 originally priced at ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) is now available at ₹1.36 crore, which is about ₹20 lakhs cheaper than the CBU model.
The company also recently opened its state-of-the art second dealership in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Mercedes Benz's new dealership Benchmark Cars is spread over a total area of 11000 sq. ft. The showroom offers facilities like customer lounge, accessories, collections display and easy one stop shopping. Currently, Mercedes-Benz India has 62 outlets in 35 cities, and the company is also planning to expand its network in the country.
In India, Mercedes reported 27.12 per cent increase in its sales in India in the first quarter of 2014 at 2,554 units.
Image credit: Mercedes-Benz India (ED:VS)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66