Mercedes-Benz Launches 2014 GL63 AMG in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 9:19 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz launched its 2014 GL63 AMG in India at ₹1.66 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine, which can generate 565PS of power and 760Nm of torque, the GL63 AMG comes with a standard 3 year warranty without mileage limitations and can accelerate 0-100kmph in only 5.5 seconds. The vehicle is capable of attaining top speed of 250 kmph and comes with three driving modes-comfort, manual and sport. The GL63 AMG will be brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built-up Unit) route and will compete with Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Mercedes Benz sells a wide range of cars in India, such as A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG. Beside S Class, Mercedes also assembles E-Class, C-Class, GL-Class and the M-Class models locally in India. The company has also started assembling its S Class model locally in India (at their Chakan plant in Pune). 2014 Mercedes S Class S500 originally priced at ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) is now available at ₹1.36 crore, which is about ₹20 lakhs cheaper than the CBU model.
The company also recently opened its state-of-the art second dealership in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Mercedes Benz's new dealership Benchmark Cars is spread over a total area of 11000 sq. ft. The showroom offers facilities like customer lounge, accessories, collections display and easy one stop shopping. Currently, Mercedes-Benz India has 62 outlets in 35 cities, and the company is also planning to expand its network in the country.
In India, Mercedes reported 27.12 per cent increase in its sales in India in the first quarter of 2014 at 2,554 units.
Image credit: Mercedes-Benz India (ED:VS)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged