Mercedes-Benz Launches 2014 GL63 AMG in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 9:19 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz launched its 2014 GL63 AMG in India at ₹1.66 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine, which can generate 565PS of power and 760Nm of torque, the GL63 AMG comes with a standard 3 year warranty without mileage limitations and can accelerate 0-100kmph in only 5.5 seconds. The vehicle is capable of attaining top speed of 250 kmph and comes with three driving modes-comfort, manual and sport. The GL63 AMG will be brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built-up Unit) route and will compete with Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Mercedes Benz sells a wide range of cars in India, such as A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG. Beside S Class, Mercedes also assembles E-Class, C-Class, GL-Class and the M-Class models locally in India. The company has also started assembling its S Class model locally in India (at their Chakan plant in Pune). 2014 Mercedes S Class S500 originally priced at ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) is now available at ₹1.36 crore, which is about ₹20 lakhs cheaper than the CBU model.
The company also recently opened its state-of-the art second dealership in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Mercedes Benz's new dealership Benchmark Cars is spread over a total area of 11000 sq. ft. The showroom offers facilities like customer lounge, accessories, collections display and easy one stop shopping. Currently, Mercedes-Benz India has 62 outlets in 35 cities, and the company is also planning to expand its network in the country.
In India, Mercedes reported 27.12 per cent increase in its sales in India in the first quarter of 2014 at 2,554 units.
Image credit: Mercedes-Benz India (ED:VS)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar