Mercedes-Benz Launches 2014 GL63 AMG in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 9:19 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz launched its 2014 GL63 AMG in India at ₹1.66 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine, which can generate 565PS of power and 760Nm of torque, the GL63 AMG comes with a standard 3 year warranty without mileage limitations and can accelerate 0-100kmph in only 5.5 seconds. The vehicle is capable of attaining top speed of 250 kmph and comes with three driving modes-comfort, manual and sport. The GL63 AMG will be brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built-up Unit) route and will compete with Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Mercedes Benz sells a wide range of cars in India, such as A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG. Beside S Class, Mercedes also assembles E-Class, C-Class, GL-Class and the M-Class models locally in India. The company has also started assembling its S Class model locally in India (at their Chakan plant in Pune). 2014 Mercedes S Class S500 originally priced at ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) is now available at ₹1.36 crore, which is about ₹20 lakhs cheaper than the CBU model.
The company also recently opened its state-of-the art second dealership in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Mercedes Benz's new dealership Benchmark Cars is spread over a total area of 11000 sq. ft. The showroom offers facilities like customer lounge, accessories, collections display and easy one stop shopping. Currently, Mercedes-Benz India has 62 outlets in 35 cities, and the company is also planning to expand its network in the country.
In India, Mercedes reported 27.12 per cent increase in its sales in India in the first quarter of 2014 at 2,554 units.
Image credit: Mercedes-Benz India (ED:VS)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On