Android 4.4.3 Update to Nexus 5 Rolls Out: Sprint Release, When to Hit Your Region and Android Device
By Precious Silva | April 15, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Android 4.4.3 has made headlines a few weeks before following a peak of the changelog. According to reports, Google made the update to address bugs instead of adding major features. What seemed like a prediction now is reality. The Android 4.4.3 update has been released for Nexus 5 Sprint Users. What can people expect? When can other Nexus 5 and Android users expect the roll out?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
According to a report by Android Police, the firmware update goes by the name build KTU8AF. The update will roll out between April 14 and April 21. Sprint provided a different build update name but the site support has already updated.
According to the site’s support page, the OTA for the Android 4.4.3 update for Nexus 5 user is available starting April 14. Nexus 5 and other Android Sprint users can expect a tweak from the update under the carrier. Other Nexus 5 users under other networks should be receiving the OTA soon. The changelog is straightforward:
• Enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41
• Misc Android updates
As previous reports noted, the Android 4.4.3 offers maintenance features and bug fixes. Users should expect the OTA to come packed with "Misc Android updates." Sprint users can also access the Sprint Spart via the OTA. Nexus 5 already offers tri-band LTE hardware support. However, this time, the function is now enabled.
There should be URLS for the manual updates soon following the OTA release. Users should wait for other announcements from Sprint. The Android 4.4.3 update offers fixes for Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity. Other problems the update addresses include random reboots, connection loss, missed calls and other camera bugs.
There are also reports claiming that Google will release the Android 5.0 update soon. According to analysts, the closest release date will be around June – the same time as Google’s I/O conference. There are also analysts expecting Google to provide more information about upcoming hardware products during the conference. Google has not made any official announcements about the products and services to be revealed during the conference.
For more details about the Sprint update, click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report