Emma Stone's Obsession with 'Spice Girls' Let Her Fall into a Graham Norton Evil Prank [WATCH]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 15, 2014 6:41 PM EST
Trick or treat? It seemed like Emma Stone just went through both during one of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" promotional tours.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
No way was "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" star Emma Stone promoting "Spice Girls," but her recent mentions of them definitely sounded like she was. And most recently, the actress fell into a Graham Norton evil prank on "The Graham Show" at BBC One for the love of the pop group.
When the host asked Stone if her love for "Spice Girls" was real, the 27-year-old actress showed no reservations and quickly said with emphasis that "yes, it's real," and the actress couldn't stop talking about them since then.
"I was obsessed with the Spice Girls," Stone revealed to Norton during the interview. "And they taught me about girl power, and I love them."
Stone thought that the Spice Girls, including Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice), Melanie Brown (Scary Spice), Emma Bunton (Baby Spice), Melanie Chrisholm (Sporty Spice) and Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), were all "fantastic."
But when asked who her favourite Spice Girl was, Stone answered Emma Bunton. Well, aside from sporting the same name, Stone had this thing for blonde hair and bangs.
A normal conversation about the "Spice Girls," which has become a regular thing for most of the new Amazing Spider-Man movie promotional tour, was just about right. But what wasn't right was when Norton started hinting that the pop group might be coming together for the first time.
MTV UK reported that prior to Mel B's message to Stone, Melanie Chrisholm (Mel C) also called in to speak to the actress during a radio appearance. Mel C and Stone had a conversation through Skype.
"Have you never met a Spice Girl?" Norton asked the "Amazing Spider-Man" actress, because apparently, Stone never met a Spice Girl in flesh before.
The instant Norton started repeating the question, Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx, whose on either side of Emma Stone on the couch, began laughing hilariously that anyone looking at them would surely laugh, as well. Garfield even went too caught up in the moment that he started clapping his hands and moving in his seat. But all hopes of Stone were crashed when Graham Norton revealed how evil his prank was to the actress, accompanied with a drum roll.
"As you know Emma, it's very rare for more than one Spice Girl to appear together for any reason at all," said Norton. "So, they're not here."
Like someone stabbed Emma Stone in the chest, she threw herself back against the couch in total frustration.
"That is so mean!" Today's Savannah Guthrie reacted on Monday, April 14.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie, starring Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spider-Man) and Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy) with Jamie Foxx (Electro), hits theatres on May 2 in the U.S. and April 17 in Australia.
WATCH: Emma Stone on "The Graham Norton Show"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video