‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final] Episode 2: ‘A Day’s Work’ [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 15, 2014 6:34 PM EST
On Monday, April 13, 2014, AMC's cult drama series "Mad Men" began its end-march. The premiere episode of final, season 7, "Time Zones," picked up two months after the eventful season six finale. In the first episode, set in year 1969, Don Draper, Peggy, Joan and Roger are seen fighting their own demons and battles.
What Happened in Episode 1 of "Mad Men" Season 7:
Don Draper is still out of SC&P. He and Megan are in a bi-coastal relationship and Don goes to Los Angeles to meet her. Megan is still unaware about her husband's forced indefinite leave, and during his stay at her house, Don does not correct her impression that he has work.
There is some truth in Don's pretence that he has work to do, as he is still pitching his ideas to SC&P. Unbeknownst to Peggy, Don is using Freddy Rumsen to deliver his creative ideas.
Meanwhile, Lou Avery, who is averse to brilliance and creative ideas, is making it difficult for Peggy. The awkward meeting with Ted in the office kitchen adds to Peggy's growing pile of woes. The result, Peggy collapses in her living room and sheds tears.
Joan is unable to make others see her as the partner. Ken and a client treat her like a secretary who has nothing to offer. However, she gets to see a glimpse of professional victory in the episode. And, Roger is spending time in his house of debauchery with a group of hippies, while his daughter sets-up a meeting with him to say that she has forgiven him.
It is Peter who seems to be free of worries and is not fighting any battle.
What Will Happen in Next Episode: "Mad Men" Season 7 Episode 2: "A Day's Work"
"A Day's Work" is the title of the second episode of the final season. Pete was out of focus in episode one, "Time Zones." The preview clip and episode synopsis of the new episode suggest that he gets back in the thick of action, with a business plan.
The preview clip of the episode reveals that Pete will be proposing the idea of starting an agency. Also, he is seen saying to someone that "... I appreciate you fighting for me."
A bouquet of flowers may cheer-up Peggy, as someone sends it to her at the office. Meanwhile, Joan will find herself in an awkward situation.
The preview provides a glimpse of Don Draper fixing his coat. It looks like he had enough of sitting out in the cold. It is time Don returns to his den.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June