‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final] Episode 2: ‘A Day’s Work’ [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 15, 2014 6:34 PM EST
On Monday, April 13, 2014, AMC's cult drama series "Mad Men" began its end-march. The premiere episode of final, season 7, "Time Zones," picked up two months after the eventful season six finale. In the first episode, set in year 1969, Don Draper, Peggy, Joan and Roger are seen fighting their own demons and battles.
What Happened in Episode 1 of "Mad Men" Season 7:
Don Draper is still out of SC&P. He and Megan are in a bi-coastal relationship and Don goes to Los Angeles to meet her. Megan is still unaware about her husband's forced indefinite leave, and during his stay at her house, Don does not correct her impression that he has work.
There is some truth in Don's pretence that he has work to do, as he is still pitching his ideas to SC&P. Unbeknownst to Peggy, Don is using Freddy Rumsen to deliver his creative ideas.
Meanwhile, Lou Avery, who is averse to brilliance and creative ideas, is making it difficult for Peggy. The awkward meeting with Ted in the office kitchen adds to Peggy's growing pile of woes. The result, Peggy collapses in her living room and sheds tears.
Joan is unable to make others see her as the partner. Ken and a client treat her like a secretary who has nothing to offer. However, she gets to see a glimpse of professional victory in the episode. And, Roger is spending time in his house of debauchery with a group of hippies, while his daughter sets-up a meeting with him to say that she has forgiven him.
It is Peter who seems to be free of worries and is not fighting any battle.
What Will Happen in Next Episode: "Mad Men" Season 7 Episode 2: "A Day's Work"
"A Day's Work" is the title of the second episode of the final season. Pete was out of focus in episode one, "Time Zones." The preview clip and episode synopsis of the new episode suggest that he gets back in the thick of action, with a business plan.
The preview clip of the episode reveals that Pete will be proposing the idea of starting an agency. Also, he is seen saying to someone that "... I appreciate you fighting for me."
A bouquet of flowers may cheer-up Peggy, as someone sends it to her at the office. Meanwhile, Joan will find herself in an awkward situation.
The preview provides a glimpse of Don Draper fixing his coat. It looks like he had enough of sitting out in the cold. It is time Don returns to his den.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal