‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final] Episode 2: ‘A Day’s Work’ [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 15, 2014 6:34 PM EST
On Monday, April 13, 2014, AMC's cult drama series "Mad Men" began its end-march. The premiere episode of final, season 7, "Time Zones," picked up two months after the eventful season six finale. In the first episode, set in year 1969, Don Draper, Peggy, Joan and Roger are seen fighting their own demons and battles.
What Happened in Episode 1 of "Mad Men" Season 7:
Don Draper is still out of SC&P. He and Megan are in a bi-coastal relationship and Don goes to Los Angeles to meet her. Megan is still unaware about her husband's forced indefinite leave, and during his stay at her house, Don does not correct her impression that he has work.
There is some truth in Don's pretence that he has work to do, as he is still pitching his ideas to SC&P. Unbeknownst to Peggy, Don is using Freddy Rumsen to deliver his creative ideas.
Meanwhile, Lou Avery, who is averse to brilliance and creative ideas, is making it difficult for Peggy. The awkward meeting with Ted in the office kitchen adds to Peggy's growing pile of woes. The result, Peggy collapses in her living room and sheds tears.
Joan is unable to make others see her as the partner. Ken and a client treat her like a secretary who has nothing to offer. However, she gets to see a glimpse of professional victory in the episode. And, Roger is spending time in his house of debauchery with a group of hippies, while his daughter sets-up a meeting with him to say that she has forgiven him.
It is Peter who seems to be free of worries and is not fighting any battle.
What Will Happen in Next Episode: "Mad Men" Season 7 Episode 2: "A Day's Work"
"A Day's Work" is the title of the second episode of the final season. Pete was out of focus in episode one, "Time Zones." The preview clip and episode synopsis of the new episode suggest that he gets back in the thick of action, with a business plan.
The preview clip of the episode reveals that Pete will be proposing the idea of starting an agency. Also, he is seen saying to someone that "... I appreciate you fighting for me."
A bouquet of flowers may cheer-up Peggy, as someone sends it to her at the office. Meanwhile, Joan will find herself in an awkward situation.
The preview provides a glimpse of Don Draper fixing his coat. It looks like he had enough of sitting out in the cold. It is time Don returns to his den.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners