Pacquiao’s Mommy Dionisia Now an Instant Celebrity, Bradley’s ‘Voodoo Hex’ Worked Like a Charm?
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 5:52 PM EST
After his epic Las Vegas victory over Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley on Sunday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao's Mommy Dionisia became an instant celebrity.
Known as the boxer's lucky charm, according to some reports, the stylish Mommy Dionisia put a "voodoo hex" on Bradley making it the reason her son reclaimed the welterweight belt once again.
Who could ever forget Pacquiao's highly disputed loss to Bradley in 2012? The recent match between the two most-acclaimed athletes was a big one for both of them. But once again Pacquiao proved to the world that he still the reigning king of the ring.
Thanks to HBO, the fight's short clip on Mommy D's praying for Manny's victory managed to take over the net and allegedly uttering a voodoo spell. The clip featured the Philippine congressman's mother saying a prayer while holding a rosary and clutching on what appeared to be a small picture of the Baby Jesus known in the Philippines as Sto. Niño.
The social media made the short clip sensational and a joke that she was "casting a spell" on her son's opponent. But the mother was only uttering a prayer. Thanks to those precious seconds on HBO's pay-per-view telecast, the new Queen B is now an international sensation.
One photo of her was circulating on Twitter that showed Mommy "D" pointing two fingers at Bradley while the two boxers were trading punches on each other.
According to Philippine Inquirer, an international broadcast commentator said she was uttering a "curse" in Filipino and making matters worse she was seen embracing Bradley after his defeat as she reportedly lifting the curse from him.
Wearing a Filipina outfit, the animated 64-year-old proud mother was spotted jumping off her ringside seat when the victor was announced during the most anticipated fight of the year.
Speaking of the "curse," there is no "voodoo hex" involved but plainly a faith of a mother to his son and whole lot of prayer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance