Man Devours Newborn Baby Stolen From Graveyard
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
In Pakistan, a man has admitted devouring a newborn baby's corpse stolen from a graveyard, Reuters reported.
The authorities found the skull of the baby at Mohammad Arif's, 33, home in the small town of Darya in Central Pakistan.
"Residents informed police after a stench emanated from the house of the two brothers. We raided the house on Monday morning and found the head of a young boy," District Police Chief Ameer Abdullah told Reuters.
Arif admitted he and his brother Mohammad Farman, 30, stole the baby's corpse from a graveyard.
"Arif has been arrested and he has confessed that his brother brought the dead body of the newborn from the nearby graveyard. Arif told police that both of them later cooked the dead body and ate it," Abdullah said in a separate interview with AFP.
"We have arrested one of the brothers, Mohammad Arif, and are conducting raids for the arrest of the other brother."
Police found the brothers had already served 2 years in jail for cannibalism and released in 2013.
According to police investigations, the brothers dug up more than 100 corpses from the nearby graveyard and ate them all back in 2011. The police found a body of a 24-year-old woman who died of cancer at the men's house. The body already had one leg missing which was believed to be eaten by both brothers. They admitted cooking the leg into meat curry.
In a report from BBC on Aug. 3, 2013, Police Official Fakhar Bhaati shared the horror he experienced in discovering the woman's corpse at the brothers' house.
"In the middle of the room, I saw a cooking which was half full of meat curry. Nearby was a wooden board, a butcher's axe and a large kitchen knife. Bits of fat clung to the board and the blade of the axe. It still gives me the creeps; they had chopped off one of her legs below the knee, and the other near the shin.The rest of the body was intact. The curry was made from those parts."
Their wives and relatives had left them several years ago and the two men were leaving on their own since then.
Cannibalism is not punishable under Pakistani's penal code. In 2011, Arif was charged with the crime of desecrating a dead body that also constitutes offense against public order.
With this, it is expected that Arif will be charged with the same crime and released after 2 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools