Man Devours Newborn Baby Stolen From Graveyard
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
In Pakistan, a man has admitted devouring a newborn baby's corpse stolen from a graveyard, Reuters reported.
The authorities found the skull of the baby at Mohammad Arif's, 33, home in the small town of Darya in Central Pakistan.
"Residents informed police after a stench emanated from the house of the two brothers. We raided the house on Monday morning and found the head of a young boy," District Police Chief Ameer Abdullah told Reuters.
Arif admitted he and his brother Mohammad Farman, 30, stole the baby's corpse from a graveyard.
"Arif has been arrested and he has confessed that his brother brought the dead body of the newborn from the nearby graveyard. Arif told police that both of them later cooked the dead body and ate it," Abdullah said in a separate interview with AFP.
"We have arrested one of the brothers, Mohammad Arif, and are conducting raids for the arrest of the other brother."
Police found the brothers had already served 2 years in jail for cannibalism and released in 2013.
According to police investigations, the brothers dug up more than 100 corpses from the nearby graveyard and ate them all back in 2011. The police found a body of a 24-year-old woman who died of cancer at the men's house. The body already had one leg missing which was believed to be eaten by both brothers. They admitted cooking the leg into meat curry.
In a report from BBC on Aug. 3, 2013, Police Official Fakhar Bhaati shared the horror he experienced in discovering the woman's corpse at the brothers' house.
"In the middle of the room, I saw a cooking which was half full of meat curry. Nearby was a wooden board, a butcher's axe and a large kitchen knife. Bits of fat clung to the board and the blade of the axe. It still gives me the creeps; they had chopped off one of her legs below the knee, and the other near the shin.The rest of the body was intact. The curry was made from those parts."
Their wives and relatives had left them several years ago and the two men were leaving on their own since then.
Cannibalism is not punishable under Pakistani's penal code. In 2011, Arif was charged with the crime of desecrating a dead body that also constitutes offense against public order.
With this, it is expected that Arif will be charged with the same crime and released after 2 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build