Man Devours Newborn Baby Stolen From Graveyard
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
In Pakistan, a man has admitted devouring a newborn baby's corpse stolen from a graveyard, Reuters reported.
The authorities found the skull of the baby at Mohammad Arif's, 33, home in the small town of Darya in Central Pakistan.
"Residents informed police after a stench emanated from the house of the two brothers. We raided the house on Monday morning and found the head of a young boy," District Police Chief Ameer Abdullah told Reuters.
Arif admitted he and his brother Mohammad Farman, 30, stole the baby's corpse from a graveyard.
"Arif has been arrested and he has confessed that his brother brought the dead body of the newborn from the nearby graveyard. Arif told police that both of them later cooked the dead body and ate it," Abdullah said in a separate interview with AFP.
"We have arrested one of the brothers, Mohammad Arif, and are conducting raids for the arrest of the other brother."
Police found the brothers had already served 2 years in jail for cannibalism and released in 2013.
According to police investigations, the brothers dug up more than 100 corpses from the nearby graveyard and ate them all back in 2011. The police found a body of a 24-year-old woman who died of cancer at the men's house. The body already had one leg missing which was believed to be eaten by both brothers. They admitted cooking the leg into meat curry.
In a report from BBC on Aug. 3, 2013, Police Official Fakhar Bhaati shared the horror he experienced in discovering the woman's corpse at the brothers' house.
"In the middle of the room, I saw a cooking which was half full of meat curry. Nearby was a wooden board, a butcher's axe and a large kitchen knife. Bits of fat clung to the board and the blade of the axe. It still gives me the creeps; they had chopped off one of her legs below the knee, and the other near the shin.The rest of the body was intact. The curry was made from those parts."
Their wives and relatives had left them several years ago and the two men were leaving on their own since then.
Cannibalism is not punishable under Pakistani's penal code. In 2011, Arif was charged with the crime of desecrating a dead body that also constitutes offense against public order.
With this, it is expected that Arif will be charged with the same crime and released after 2 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko