Man Devours Newborn Baby Stolen From Graveyard
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
In Pakistan, a man has admitted devouring a newborn baby's corpse stolen from a graveyard, Reuters reported.
The authorities found the skull of the baby at Mohammad Arif's, 33, home in the small town of Darya in Central Pakistan.
"Residents informed police after a stench emanated from the house of the two brothers. We raided the house on Monday morning and found the head of a young boy," District Police Chief Ameer Abdullah told Reuters.
Arif admitted he and his brother Mohammad Farman, 30, stole the baby's corpse from a graveyard.
"Arif has been arrested and he has confessed that his brother brought the dead body of the newborn from the nearby graveyard. Arif told police that both of them later cooked the dead body and ate it," Abdullah said in a separate interview with AFP.
"We have arrested one of the brothers, Mohammad Arif, and are conducting raids for the arrest of the other brother."
Police found the brothers had already served 2 years in jail for cannibalism and released in 2013.
According to police investigations, the brothers dug up more than 100 corpses from the nearby graveyard and ate them all back in 2011. The police found a body of a 24-year-old woman who died of cancer at the men's house. The body already had one leg missing which was believed to be eaten by both brothers. They admitted cooking the leg into meat curry.
In a report from BBC on Aug. 3, 2013, Police Official Fakhar Bhaati shared the horror he experienced in discovering the woman's corpse at the brothers' house.
"In the middle of the room, I saw a cooking which was half full of meat curry. Nearby was a wooden board, a butcher's axe and a large kitchen knife. Bits of fat clung to the board and the blade of the axe. It still gives me the creeps; they had chopped off one of her legs below the knee, and the other near the shin.The rest of the body was intact. The curry was made from those parts."
Their wives and relatives had left them several years ago and the two men were leaving on their own since then.
Cannibalism is not punishable under Pakistani's penal code. In 2011, Arif was charged with the crime of desecrating a dead body that also constitutes offense against public order.
With this, it is expected that Arif will be charged with the same crime and released after 2 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Beheading Video of Steven Sotloff Sparks Outrage; Family Believes Footage is 'Authentic'
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display