Man Devours Newborn Baby Stolen From Graveyard
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
In Pakistan, a man has admitted devouring a newborn baby's corpse stolen from a graveyard, Reuters reported.
The authorities found the skull of the baby at Mohammad Arif's, 33, home in the small town of Darya in Central Pakistan.
"Residents informed police after a stench emanated from the house of the two brothers. We raided the house on Monday morning and found the head of a young boy," District Police Chief Ameer Abdullah told Reuters.
Arif admitted he and his brother Mohammad Farman, 30, stole the baby's corpse from a graveyard.
"Arif has been arrested and he has confessed that his brother brought the dead body of the newborn from the nearby graveyard. Arif told police that both of them later cooked the dead body and ate it," Abdullah said in a separate interview with AFP.
"We have arrested one of the brothers, Mohammad Arif, and are conducting raids for the arrest of the other brother."
Police found the brothers had already served 2 years in jail for cannibalism and released in 2013.
According to police investigations, the brothers dug up more than 100 corpses from the nearby graveyard and ate them all back in 2011. The police found a body of a 24-year-old woman who died of cancer at the men's house. The body already had one leg missing which was believed to be eaten by both brothers. They admitted cooking the leg into meat curry.
In a report from BBC on Aug. 3, 2013, Police Official Fakhar Bhaati shared the horror he experienced in discovering the woman's corpse at the brothers' house.
"In the middle of the room, I saw a cooking which was half full of meat curry. Nearby was a wooden board, a butcher's axe and a large kitchen knife. Bits of fat clung to the board and the blade of the axe. It still gives me the creeps; they had chopped off one of her legs below the knee, and the other near the shin.The rest of the body was intact. The curry was made from those parts."
Their wives and relatives had left them several years ago and the two men were leaving on their own since then.
Cannibalism is not punishable under Pakistani's penal code. In 2011, Arif was charged with the crime of desecrating a dead body that also constitutes offense against public order.
With this, it is expected that Arif will be charged with the same crime and released after 2 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’