HTC One M8 Mini Tipped to Debut in May: Report
By Rohit KVN | April 15, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Just yesterday (on 14 April), a report from China indicated that HTC is prepping a plastic variant of its metal-clad HTC One M8. Now buzz suggests that the compact model of the flagship phone is also under works and is slated for debut next month.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. REUTERS/Pichi Chuang/Files
Chinese Online retailer, ePrice has claimed that the Taiwanese smartphone maker would launch the HTC One M8 Mini in the home market in May.
HTC One M8 Mini is said (courtesy, @evleaks) to be a stripped version (in terms of size and internal hardware) of the original model and will sport a smaller 4.5-inch HD (1280x720p) display and ship with Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with HTC custom Sense v6.0 UI, 1.4GHz Snapdragon 400 series quad-core CPU, 1GB RAM and 16GB (expandable via microSD card).
Probably in a bid to cut down on the costs, the compact HTC One M8 model will house a standard 13.0-megapixel primary camera on rear-side, unlike the elder which boasts of Ultra-pixel technology based dual-cameras, but it is certain to keep the 5.0-megapixel snapper on the front and boast standard wire-less connectivity features - Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/n/ac) and Bluetooth v4.0.
As of now, there are no details regarding its specification, but the phone is expected to get launched along with HTC One M8 plastic model next month, the latter variant will house same specifications (design language and internal hardware) of the original model, sans the metal cover.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists