Nirvana Plays Secret Reunion Gig in Brooklyn Bar After Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performance
By charmaine corne clutton | April 15, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Who could ever forget the iconic "Nevermind" album of Nirvana which brought us classics such as "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Lithium" and "Come As You Are." While the unfortunate fate of lead vocalist Kurt Cobain ended in a suicide, the band still continues to be one of the greatest rock bands in musical history.
That is why the pre-show buzz that circulated the recently concluded Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony held at Barclay Center involved Nirvana and their chosen front man for the performance in the prestigious ceremony. Many fans were speculating as to who the surviving members would choose to give a new rendition of their hit singles.
The surviving members of the band namely David Grohl (drummer) and Krist Novoselic instead chose a different course-instead of installing (for the mean time) other rock stars, the surviving members opted for women to sing their hit singles. Joan Jett was chosen to sing "Smells Like Teen Spirit", Annie Clark for "Saint Vincent" and teen singer Lorde for "All Apologies".
Turns out that the 90 minute performance of the surviving members of Nirvana was just a sneak peek to the band's reunion; according to NYPost, the members of the iconic rock band went to perform Nirvana classics in a "tiny metal bar in deepest, darkest Greenpoint". The event was a very intimate and exclusive one, as more than just a total of 250 guests were able to bask in the glory of all-time favorite Nirvana.
Who knows the surviving members of the rock band Nirvana might just up the ante and choose to perform for a greater scope of audience. Despite the secret reunion gig the band had in a tiny Brooklyn bar, Nirvana purists have still reacted over their choice of four different women during their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performance.
New members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Hall and Oates, Linda Ronstadt (who was not able to grace the ceremony due to her Parkinson's disease) and KISS band. KISS was notably missing from the performance roll but gratuitously accepted the induction award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools