Nirvana Plays Secret Reunion Gig in Brooklyn Bar After Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performance
By charmaine corne clutton | April 15, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Who could ever forget the iconic "Nevermind" album of Nirvana which brought us classics such as "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Lithium" and "Come As You Are." While the unfortunate fate of lead vocalist Kurt Cobain ended in a suicide, the band still continues to be one of the greatest rock bands in musical history.
That is why the pre-show buzz that circulated the recently concluded Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony held at Barclay Center involved Nirvana and their chosen front man for the performance in the prestigious ceremony. Many fans were speculating as to who the surviving members would choose to give a new rendition of their hit singles.
The surviving members of the band namely David Grohl (drummer) and Krist Novoselic instead chose a different course-instead of installing (for the mean time) other rock stars, the surviving members opted for women to sing their hit singles. Joan Jett was chosen to sing "Smells Like Teen Spirit", Annie Clark for "Saint Vincent" and teen singer Lorde for "All Apologies".
Turns out that the 90 minute performance of the surviving members of Nirvana was just a sneak peek to the band's reunion; according to NYPost, the members of the iconic rock band went to perform Nirvana classics in a "tiny metal bar in deepest, darkest Greenpoint". The event was a very intimate and exclusive one, as more than just a total of 250 guests were able to bask in the glory of all-time favorite Nirvana.
Who knows the surviving members of the rock band Nirvana might just up the ante and choose to perform for a greater scope of audience. Despite the secret reunion gig the band had in a tiny Brooklyn bar, Nirvana purists have still reacted over their choice of four different women during their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performance.
New members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Hall and Oates, Linda Ronstadt (who was not able to grace the ceremony due to her Parkinson's disease) and KISS band. KISS was notably missing from the performance roll but gratuitously accepted the induction award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop