Hyundai Xcent Receives 11,000 Bookings within 30 Days of Launch
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Hyundai Motor India's compact sedan Xcent has garnered 11,000 bookings and over 100,000 enquiries in the country within 30 days of its launch.
The Xcent, a sub-4 metre compact sedan is pitted against the Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car in India and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants. According to the company, the car has created high interest among young families in metros and Tier II cities.
"We appreciate and thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Xcent a huge success in India. Xcent has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition in such a short span of time. We are committed and continuously working on the operational efficiencies to cater to the demand to reduce the waiting period," said Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing- HMIL .
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, is built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback platform and shares similarities with its small car Grand i10. Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
The second generation U2 CRDi diesel offers a fuel efficiency of 24.4 km per litre while the all-aluminium 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine claims to deliver a mileage of 19.1 km per litre.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S (O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh. The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh, while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best