Hyundai Xcent Receives 11,000 Bookings within 30 Days of Launch
By greeshma m | April 15, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Hyundai Motor India's compact sedan Xcent has garnered 11,000 bookings and over 100,000 enquiries in the country within 30 days of its launch.
The Xcent, a sub-4 metre compact sedan is pitted against the Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car in India and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants. According to the company, the car has created high interest among young families in metros and Tier II cities.
"We appreciate and thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Xcent a huge success in India. Xcent has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition in such a short span of time. We are committed and continuously working on the operational efficiencies to cater to the demand to reduce the waiting period," said Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing- HMIL .
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, is built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback platform and shares similarities with its small car Grand i10. Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
The second generation U2 CRDi diesel offers a fuel efficiency of 24.4 km per litre while the all-aluminium 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine claims to deliver a mileage of 19.1 km per litre.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S (O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh. The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh, while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools