iPad With Retina Display Is Cheapest in Australia
By Athena Yenko | April 15, 2014 3:57 PM EST
"The iPad is priced in US dollars and manufactured in China and across both those economies the Australian pricing on an iPad is pretty similar," CommSec economist Savanth Sebastian said in a report from AAP.
Australia's ranking in the index reflects that the Australian dollar is at its fair value.
"It suggests that the Aussie dollar is probably around fair value against the greenback," Mr Sebastian said.
He also predicted that the Aussie dollar will remain at its current value against the US dollar as the latter suffer inflations and interest rate cuts.
"Over the near term it's probably going to hold around these levels, we don't see it heading back below 90 cents for some time. There's really not much of a catalyst to suggest there is a need to push it in that direction," Mr Sebastian said.
Mr Sebastian said that the value of the Aussie dollar is not only beneficial to the consumers but more importantly to the country's economy. He explained that a lower currency motivates the Australian exporters to become more competitive.
"There's no question that a lower currency would be a lot more beneficial in readjusting the Australian economy," he said.
In March 18 2014, Apple Australia announced that the iPad with retina display became the most affordable 9.7 inch iPad at suggested retail price of A$449, inclusive of GST for the the 16GB Wi-Fi model and A$598 inc. GST for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
"Now for $449 customers can get iPad with a stunning 9.7-inch Retina display, fast A6X chip, and 5MP iSight camera, offering a dramatic upgrade in power, performance and value compared to the iPad 2 it replaces. The iPad line sets the gold-standard in mobile computing and all iPads have access to the largest and best ecosystem of more than 500,000 iPad optimised apps from the App Store," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28