Android v4.4.3 KitKat OS Update Released to Google Nexus 5; Expected Bug Fix Details
By Rohit KVN | April 15, 2014 3:48 PM EST
In March, Google's Android team had vowed to bring out stability update to fix camera bug and numerous other issues in Nexus devices. As promised, the company has initiated the first leg of firmware roll out process in USA.
Sunder Pichai /Twitter
KitKat Statue unveiled at Google's Mountain View Campus
American network carrier, Sprint has released the new software update (build number: KTU84F) via OTA (over-The-Air) to Google Nexus 5, which is believed to be the Android v4.4.3 KitKat OS, reported Android Police.
According to the company's official software support page, the new firmware enables the phone to work on Sprint Spark LTE network band 26, as well as band 41 and comes with certain miscellaneous Android updates.
Though the change log does not provide any specific details as such, previous leaked reports have shown that the new software patch is said to have fix bugs such as Mm-qcamera-daemon, which drains the battery fast, frequent drop in data-connection, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connectivity issues and many more.
Other issues that are expected to get fixed include:
- Power manager display wakelock fix
- Fix for random reboot
- App shortcuts will return with security fix with the new update (shortcuts disappeared from launcher after v4.4.2 update)
- USB debugging security fix
- Minor camera fixes
- MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
- Stuck in activation screen fix
- Missed call LED fix
- Subtitle fixes
- Data usage graph fix
- Internet telephony fix
- FCC compliance fix
- Miscellaneous fixes.
As of now, there is no word on when the new bug fixing v4.4.3 KitKat software will be rolled out to Nexus 7 (both 2012 & 2013 editions), Nexus 4, GPEs (Google Play Editions) of Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z Ultra ,LG GPad 8.3 and also the Motorola Moto X, but they are certain to get the new update soon as they are Google affiliated devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced