‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 3: Will Cersie Rule Now that Joffrey is Dead? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
After a killer episode of "The Lion and the Rose," HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" is gearing up for another explosive episode next Sunday entitled "Breaker of Chains." The "Purple Wedding" proved to be a shocking feast to all GOT fans and many rejoiced for Joffrey's impending death as he becomes the most hated king of Westeros, remember the beheading incident of Ned Stark?
Most fans who haven't read the book expected it to be another wedding in Kings Landing with two of the most powerful houses in Westeros, the Lannisters and the Tyrells, will be joined as one powerful family. Dubbed as the "Purple Wedding," the union was short-lived when the Joffrey, the king of the Iron Throne, was killed and poisoned on his wedding day.
Watching the King's face turned purple and tears of blood rolled out of his eyes is priceless for millions of fans who hated Joffrey's guts since the beginning of the show. In a television show filled of vicious monsters, Joffrey is considered as one of them and the most hated character of them all.
After the "Red Wedding" that killed the Stark's matriarch and the King of North, the "Purple Wedding" is just a perfect answer for fans who needed to avenge GOT's most-loved family. Now that he is dead, the million dollar question is who is responsible for Joffrey's death and who will take over the throne?
According to New Republic, Joffrey's very own mother could be one of suspects of the boy king's death. It is clear from the very beginning that Tywin Lannister's only daughter always crave for power and with Margaery Tyrell taking over her role as Queen is not acceptable for Cersie Lannister.
Without an heir, the Iron Throne will fall in the hands of little Tommen and Cersie will assume her role as Queen Regent until her son is old enough to rule the seven kingdoms.
"If you were to marry Cersei, she'd murder you in your sleep. If you somehow manage to put a child in her first, she'd murder him too, long before it drew its first breath. Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry," says Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 2.
For "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 preview click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop