‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 3: Will Cersie Rule Now that Joffrey is Dead? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
After a killer episode of "The Lion and the Rose," HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" is gearing up for another explosive episode next Sunday entitled "Breaker of Chains." The "Purple Wedding" proved to be a shocking feast to all GOT fans and many rejoiced for Joffrey's impending death as he becomes the most hated king of Westeros, remember the beheading incident of Ned Stark?
Most fans who haven't read the book expected it to be another wedding in Kings Landing with two of the most powerful houses in Westeros, the Lannisters and the Tyrells, will be joined as one powerful family. Dubbed as the "Purple Wedding," the union was short-lived when the Joffrey, the king of the Iron Throne, was killed and poisoned on his wedding day.
Watching the King's face turned purple and tears of blood rolled out of his eyes is priceless for millions of fans who hated Joffrey's guts since the beginning of the show. In a television show filled of vicious monsters, Joffrey is considered as one of them and the most hated character of them all.
After the "Red Wedding" that killed the Stark's matriarch and the King of North, the "Purple Wedding" is just a perfect answer for fans who needed to avenge GOT's most-loved family. Now that he is dead, the million dollar question is who is responsible for Joffrey's death and who will take over the throne?
According to New Republic, Joffrey's very own mother could be one of suspects of the boy king's death. It is clear from the very beginning that Tywin Lannister's only daughter always crave for power and with Margaery Tyrell taking over her role as Queen is not acceptable for Cersie Lannister.
Without an heir, the Iron Throne will fall in the hands of little Tommen and Cersie will assume her role as Queen Regent until her son is old enough to rule the seven kingdoms.
"If you were to marry Cersei, she'd murder you in your sleep. If you somehow manage to put a child in her first, she'd murder him too, long before it drew its first breath. Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry," says Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 2.
For "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 preview click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon