‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 3: Will Cersie Rule Now that Joffrey is Dead? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
After a killer episode of "The Lion and the Rose," HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" is gearing up for another explosive episode next Sunday entitled "Breaker of Chains." The "Purple Wedding" proved to be a shocking feast to all GOT fans and many rejoiced for Joffrey's impending death as he becomes the most hated king of Westeros, remember the beheading incident of Ned Stark?
Most fans who haven't read the book expected it to be another wedding in Kings Landing with two of the most powerful houses in Westeros, the Lannisters and the Tyrells, will be joined as one powerful family. Dubbed as the "Purple Wedding," the union was short-lived when the Joffrey, the king of the Iron Throne, was killed and poisoned on his wedding day.
Watching the King's face turned purple and tears of blood rolled out of his eyes is priceless for millions of fans who hated Joffrey's guts since the beginning of the show. In a television show filled of vicious monsters, Joffrey is considered as one of them and the most hated character of them all.
After the "Red Wedding" that killed the Stark's matriarch and the King of North, the "Purple Wedding" is just a perfect answer for fans who needed to avenge GOT's most-loved family. Now that he is dead, the million dollar question is who is responsible for Joffrey's death and who will take over the throne?
According to New Republic, Joffrey's very own mother could be one of suspects of the boy king's death. It is clear from the very beginning that Tywin Lannister's only daughter always crave for power and with Margaery Tyrell taking over her role as Queen is not acceptable for Cersie Lannister.
Without an heir, the Iron Throne will fall in the hands of little Tommen and Cersie will assume her role as Queen Regent until her son is old enough to rule the seven kingdoms.
"If you were to marry Cersei, she'd murder you in your sleep. If you somehow manage to put a child in her first, she'd murder him too, long before it drew its first breath. Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry," says Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 2.
For "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 preview click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones