‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 3: Will Cersie Rule Now that Joffrey is Dead? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
After a killer episode of "The Lion and the Rose," HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" is gearing up for another explosive episode next Sunday entitled "Breaker of Chains." The "Purple Wedding" proved to be a shocking feast to all GOT fans and many rejoiced for Joffrey's impending death as he becomes the most hated king of Westeros, remember the beheading incident of Ned Stark?
Most fans who haven't read the book expected it to be another wedding in Kings Landing with two of the most powerful houses in Westeros, the Lannisters and the Tyrells, will be joined as one powerful family. Dubbed as the "Purple Wedding," the union was short-lived when the Joffrey, the king of the Iron Throne, was killed and poisoned on his wedding day.
Watching the King's face turned purple and tears of blood rolled out of his eyes is priceless for millions of fans who hated Joffrey's guts since the beginning of the show. In a television show filled of vicious monsters, Joffrey is considered as one of them and the most hated character of them all.
After the "Red Wedding" that killed the Stark's matriarch and the King of North, the "Purple Wedding" is just a perfect answer for fans who needed to avenge GOT's most-loved family. Now that he is dead, the million dollar question is who is responsible for Joffrey's death and who will take over the throne?
According to New Republic, Joffrey's very own mother could be one of suspects of the boy king's death. It is clear from the very beginning that Tywin Lannister's only daughter always crave for power and with Margaery Tyrell taking over her role as Queen is not acceptable for Cersie Lannister.
Without an heir, the Iron Throne will fall in the hands of little Tommen and Cersie will assume her role as Queen Regent until her son is old enough to rule the seven kingdoms.
"If you were to marry Cersei, she'd murder you in your sleep. If you somehow manage to put a child in her first, she'd murder him too, long before it drew its first breath. Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry," says Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 2.
For "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 preview click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date