‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 3: Will Cersie Rule Now that Joffrey is Dead? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
After a killer episode of "The Lion and the Rose," HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" is gearing up for another explosive episode next Sunday entitled "Breaker of Chains." The "Purple Wedding" proved to be a shocking feast to all GOT fans and many rejoiced for Joffrey's impending death as he becomes the most hated king of Westeros, remember the beheading incident of Ned Stark?
Most fans who haven't read the book expected it to be another wedding in Kings Landing with two of the most powerful houses in Westeros, the Lannisters and the Tyrells, will be joined as one powerful family. Dubbed as the "Purple Wedding," the union was short-lived when the Joffrey, the king of the Iron Throne, was killed and poisoned on his wedding day.
Watching the King's face turned purple and tears of blood rolled out of his eyes is priceless for millions of fans who hated Joffrey's guts since the beginning of the show. In a television show filled of vicious monsters, Joffrey is considered as one of them and the most hated character of them all.
After the "Red Wedding" that killed the Stark's matriarch and the King of North, the "Purple Wedding" is just a perfect answer for fans who needed to avenge GOT's most-loved family. Now that he is dead, the million dollar question is who is responsible for Joffrey's death and who will take over the throne?
According to New Republic, Joffrey's very own mother could be one of suspects of the boy king's death. It is clear from the very beginning that Tywin Lannister's only daughter always crave for power and with Margaery Tyrell taking over her role as Queen is not acceptable for Cersie Lannister.
Without an heir, the Iron Throne will fall in the hands of little Tommen and Cersie will assume her role as Queen Regent until her son is old enough to rule the seven kingdoms.
"If you were to marry Cersei, she'd murder you in your sleep. If you somehow manage to put a child in her first, she'd murder him too, long before it drew its first breath. Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry," says Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 2.
For "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 preview click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast