Warriors Prop Ben Matulino Faces Ban
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 15, 2014 3:01 PM EST
In a recent setback at NRL, Ben Matulino was banned for three games after having accused of grade two shoulder charge.
The charge was made after he tried to tackle James Graham, Canterbury front-rower, during the match on Sunday at Eden Park.
However, if the 25-year-old goes for an early guilty plea, he still has to lose two matches.
On the other news, George Burgess and Ben Te'o of South Sydney are slated to miss the hi-voltage match against Canterbury on Friday after they were charged by the NRL with tripping.
Both the players were charged with grade-one tipping against Panthers fullback Matt Moylan.
The loss of the duo came as a big setback to the team as they were on the move to regain their lost spirit after winning over St George Illwara.
Frank Pitchard, Bulldogs co-captain who was out of the game after a personal injury he faced against the Warriors, will also have to sit back to the stand for a bad tackle on Kon Hurrell.
Also Paul Carter of Titan and Jamie Soward of Panthers were charged for high tackles. But they were allowed to play after pleading guilty at the early stage.
Titans prop Luke Bailey, who was accused for tripping, got a sigh of relief with an early guilty plea.
Adam Reynolds of South Sydney Rabbitohs was accused of chicken wing tackle, but like Bailey, he came out clean after an early guilty plea.
Sam Thaiday of Brisbane Broncos, who was charged for crusher tackle, also came out free.
Joel Thompson of Canberra Raiders and Mitch Rain, who suffered charges with Grade 1 offence against Melbourne on Monday night, should come out free after early guilty pleas.
Will Chambers of Melbourne Storm also faces two to three match bans for a shoulder charge against the match with Dragons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports