Warriors Prop Ben Matulino Faces Ban
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 15, 2014 3:01 PM EST
In a recent setback at NRL, Ben Matulino was banned for three games after having accused of grade two shoulder charge.
The charge was made after he tried to tackle James Graham, Canterbury front-rower, during the match on Sunday at Eden Park.
However, if the 25-year-old goes for an early guilty plea, he still has to lose two matches.
On the other news, George Burgess and Ben Te'o of South Sydney are slated to miss the hi-voltage match against Canterbury on Friday after they were charged by the NRL with tripping.
Both the players were charged with grade-one tipping against Panthers fullback Matt Moylan.
The loss of the duo came as a big setback to the team as they were on the move to regain their lost spirit after winning over St George Illwara.
Frank Pitchard, Bulldogs co-captain who was out of the game after a personal injury he faced against the Warriors, will also have to sit back to the stand for a bad tackle on Kon Hurrell.
Also Paul Carter of Titan and Jamie Soward of Panthers were charged for high tackles. But they were allowed to play after pleading guilty at the early stage.
Titans prop Luke Bailey, who was accused for tripping, got a sigh of relief with an early guilty plea.
Adam Reynolds of South Sydney Rabbitohs was accused of chicken wing tackle, but like Bailey, he came out clean after an early guilty plea.
Sam Thaiday of Brisbane Broncos, who was charged for crusher tackle, also came out free.
Joel Thompson of Canberra Raiders and Mitch Rain, who suffered charges with Grade 1 offence against Melbourne on Monday night, should come out free after early guilty pleas.
Will Chambers of Melbourne Storm also faces two to three match bans for a shoulder charge against the match with Dragons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports