Warriors Prop Ben Matulino Faces Ban
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 15, 2014 3:01 PM EST
In a recent setback at NRL, Ben Matulino was banned for three games after having accused of grade two shoulder charge.
The charge was made after he tried to tackle James Graham, Canterbury front-rower, during the match on Sunday at Eden Park.
However, if the 25-year-old goes for an early guilty plea, he still has to lose two matches.
On the other news, George Burgess and Ben Te'o of South Sydney are slated to miss the hi-voltage match against Canterbury on Friday after they were charged by the NRL with tripping.
Both the players were charged with grade-one tipping against Panthers fullback Matt Moylan.
The loss of the duo came as a big setback to the team as they were on the move to regain their lost spirit after winning over St George Illwara.
Frank Pitchard, Bulldogs co-captain who was out of the game after a personal injury he faced against the Warriors, will also have to sit back to the stand for a bad tackle on Kon Hurrell.
Also Paul Carter of Titan and Jamie Soward of Panthers were charged for high tackles. But they were allowed to play after pleading guilty at the early stage.
Titans prop Luke Bailey, who was accused for tripping, got a sigh of relief with an early guilty plea.
Adam Reynolds of South Sydney Rabbitohs was accused of chicken wing tackle, but like Bailey, he came out clean after an early guilty plea.
Sam Thaiday of Brisbane Broncos, who was charged for crusher tackle, also came out free.
Joel Thompson of Canberra Raiders and Mitch Rain, who suffered charges with Grade 1 offence against Melbourne on Monday night, should come out free after early guilty pleas.
Will Chambers of Melbourne Storm also faces two to three match bans for a shoulder charge against the match with Dragons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet