Ron Perlman's Next Move After a Killer 'Sons of Anarchy' Show, Actor to Star in Amazon’s 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 2:31 PM EST
After a killer sixth season on FX's "Sons of Anarchy," Ron Perlman is moving on from his role as SAMCRO's ruthless ex-president Clay Morrow and this time he is playing a religious man. The SOA star is scheduled to star in "Hand of God," Amazon's pilot series directed by Marc Forster.
Killed during the show's sixth season, Perlman's character has been compared to Claudius in the Shakespearian inspired drama series. "I'm playing Claudius, and Claudius doesn't make it to Act 5," says the 64-year-old "Hellboy" star.
"So I was ready for this. If it's an examination of power, you have to see the new king when he's not mirrored by the resonances of the old king. You have to see what he does when he stands alone in the world. And as long as Clay is around, he can't do that," he added.
When asked how he wanted to die as Clay Morrow, the "Pacific Rim" star imagined his death to be "completely unselfish." "I just wanted it to be connected to something completely unselfish. This is a sociopathic world. We're not nice guys. We're outlaws. We're ruthless," Perlman revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Now joining the club of well-known actors, the former "Men of Mayhem" is venturing into video series available online and will co-executive produce the Amazon's pilot drama "Hand of God." The network has given the new series the green light for its third pilot season which is scheduled to debut later this year.
The actor will play Judge Pernell Harris, a hard-living and law-bending man turned vigilante to seek the man who tore his family apart. Without concrete evidence, Pernell rely on the "visions" and "messages" whom he believes are being sent by God through his ventilator-bound son.
Written by "Burn Notice" creator Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" will also star two-time Emmy winner Dana Delany as Perlman's protective wife Crystal Harris. The talented actress recently starred in ABC's "Body of Proof," and is known for her role in in "China Beach" as Colleen McMurphy.
"Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 will kick off on September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone