Ron Perlman's Next Move After a Killer 'Sons of Anarchy' Show, Actor to Star in Amazon’s 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | April 15, 2014 2:31 PM EST
After a killer sixth season on FX's "Sons of Anarchy," Ron Perlman is moving on from his role as SAMCRO's ruthless ex-president Clay Morrow and this time he is playing a religious man. The SOA star is scheduled to star in "Hand of God," Amazon's pilot series directed by Marc Forster.
Killed during the show's sixth season, Perlman's character has been compared to Claudius in the Shakespearian inspired drama series. "I'm playing Claudius, and Claudius doesn't make it to Act 5," says the 64-year-old "Hellboy" star.
"So I was ready for this. If it's an examination of power, you have to see the new king when he's not mirrored by the resonances of the old king. You have to see what he does when he stands alone in the world. And as long as Clay is around, he can't do that," he added.
When asked how he wanted to die as Clay Morrow, the "Pacific Rim" star imagined his death to be "completely unselfish." "I just wanted it to be connected to something completely unselfish. This is a sociopathic world. We're not nice guys. We're outlaws. We're ruthless," Perlman revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Now joining the club of well-known actors, the former "Men of Mayhem" is venturing into video series available online and will co-executive produce the Amazon's pilot drama "Hand of God." The network has given the new series the green light for its third pilot season which is scheduled to debut later this year.
The actor will play Judge Pernell Harris, a hard-living and law-bending man turned vigilante to seek the man who tore his family apart. Without concrete evidence, Pernell rely on the "visions" and "messages" whom he believes are being sent by God through his ventilator-bound son.
Written by "Burn Notice" creator Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" will also star two-time Emmy winner Dana Delany as Perlman's protective wife Crystal Harris. The talented actress recently starred in ABC's "Body of Proof," and is known for her role in in "China Beach" as Colleen McMurphy.
"Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 will kick off on September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier